13 March 2011

Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 17 comments

Scripture & A Snapshot {Listen for His gentle whisper}


After reading 1 Kings 19:11-12 in our daily devotional on Friday evening I was struck by it's words I was reminded that even with all the frightening things happening in my world, I must remember to listen for His gentle whisper.  Our prayers are full of the families who have been devastated by the events in Japan and in parts of the Western United States....My prayer for you is that you hear the gentle whisper of your Lord through the days ahead.

1 Kings 19:11-13
The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.  When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.






17 comments:

What a great shot! I love the scripture, too. What you shared is one of my favorite accounts in the Word. Thank you!

This was a powerful thing when God came by in the scriptures!! I remember reading that as a child and being in awe of what his presence was like just passing by. Beautiful verse and lovely picture!

What a peaceful shot and I love this scripture!

Your image reminds me of the tsunamis that came throughout the world, and the devastation, but God cares, and my prayer is that many, many people will stop and listen to His whisper of love to their heart. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Blessings, Christine

What a beautiful shot! I love it! That is one of my favorite passages in the Bible.

love the photo, and the Scripture is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing this!! :)

God bless,
Jessica

Perfect choice of verse and beautiful photo. Hoping they can feel his presence during this time.

Very nice! Beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing! I see you like Cinnamon Girl Studio like me! :)

I'll pull my sometimes oblivious ears receptive to His gentle whisper. Thanks for mentioning that verse.

So poignant! The verse made me shiver. Thank you for your reflections!

This is an AMAZING verse, I also have chills reading it! Lovely image.

hugs...

Wow! I love how God planned the timing of this reading absolutely perfectly....as always!!

great post and a great new look!! Melanie

Beautiful kayce!! Just thought of you and wanted to say I miss hearing from you ..now that you have your hands so full!! Sending love to you!
Sharon

Loving this post and your thoughts. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my photo!

That is a very reassuring passage. I love the picture. So beautiful.

Very inspiring word..LOvely pics.keep on posting:)