08 April 2010

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - ,,,, 10 comments

A day under the sea

Every year we give Big J the opportunity to choose something fun to do for his birthday besides a party.  This year he wanted to go look at new trailers and RV's, (yea, that's my kid!!) which is totally free fun and something he finds exciting....again he is my kid.  Of course we all wanted to do that but plans got changed as soon as we mentioned going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium as well.  He gave up on the trailer option and went straight for his first love....the sea!

Birthday boy!




The cricket's first view of a big fish tank...
she was pretty much in awe until she finally passed out many hours later.




Please don't flash the octopus.


Hey...I'm up here mama!!!  Look at the otters!!


Sitting and watching the thousands of fish all going in a circle.



My favorite jellies.


Sitting in the outer bay....a family favorite!  
We used to spend MANY afternoon naps here when Big J was a baby 
and Mike proposed to me here on March 7, 1999!  


Do you see the fish??


and then she sleeps!  


My loves!  

We had a fabulous day and were blessed with a beautiful weather!  I couldn't think of a better way to spend a birthday festivity!  I see many trips to the aquarium in our future!  Big J's actual birthday was also a great day spent together just hanging out and dinner with his families.  I'm still in shock that I have a 15 year old!!  Big J said to say....Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

10 comments:

Such a sweet day! You are such a blessed mother. Thanks for all your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog, it has meant so much!

What a wonderful day! I love the picture of Jenny sleeping by the turtle. :) Happy birthday Jacob!

Happy Birthday J..
LOVE the photos..
Hugs..
Have a great weekend..

What a fun day with your favorite people in the whole wide world! (we love that aquarium very much too!).

Great pics, love the one with your 3 together, so sweet.

Have a great rest of your week, Kayce!

Happy 15th Big J!! :) Love the B&W photo of him in the last post... very handsome!

My oldest, Breanna, will be 15 on May 1st! Yikes, makes me feel old!! ;)

Looks like a fun day of celebrating as a family. The Aquarium was a good choice. LOVE the jellyfish photo!

I had to giggle when you mentioned that he first chose going to look at trailers and RV's... my son Dawson LOVES doing that, too... and the truth is, we all really enjoy it! Simple pleasures, but lots of fun!! :)

Have a blessed weekend! <><

~Tanya

Happy Birthday Big J!

Happy Birthday Big J!!!

Kayce, can you adopt me next??? I want to go to the beach and see the aquarium too!! ;) I love the picture of little J mesmerized by the fish and water... :)

What an awesome aquarium!!!! Those fish swimming in circles would put me to sleep in a second!

By the way...I've flashed an octopus before...it's a bad idea and doesn't end well...heed the warning! haha

YOU HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD!!!!!

Love the pic's!

I love the picture of Jenny sleeping by the turtle.
post free classified ads