07 May 2009

Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10 comments

A moment in time



Delay is not denial...

...Leave Me out of nothing. Love all My ways with you. Know indeed that "All is well." Delay is but the wonderful and all-loving restraint of your Father-not reluctance, not desire to deny-but the Divine control of a Father who can scarcely brook the delay.

Delay has to be-sometimes. Your lives are so linked up with those of others, so bound by circumstances that to let your desire have instant fulfillment might in many cases cause another, as earnest prayer, to go unanswered.

But think for a moment of the Love and thoughtful care that seek to harmonize and reconcile all our desires and longing and prayers.

Delay is not denial-nor even withholding. It is the opportunity for God to work out your problems and accomplish your desires in the most wonderful way possible for you.

Oh! Children, trust Me. Remember that your Maker is also your Servant, quick to fullfill, quick to achieve, faithful in accomplishment. Yes. All IS well.



Taken from my daily devotional. While it took me a few days to accept these words, it is what I needed to understand better, that yes, all is well and someday I may understand and until then I know that this wait is just a brief moment in time.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week....God Bless!

10 comments:

U made my day with this one my friend! I can always, always, depend on my dear friend Kayce!

Lea
xo

Beautiful post Kayce...I read it twice. Being from someone who has done this twice, it will all make sense when you meet her. I promise.

hugs to you my friend,
Gail

Wow...a much needed reminder. Thanks for sharing!

Keep smilin!

First this beautiful post then my beautiful card! U sweet friend U!

thank you.

lots & lots & lots of love...

Lea

Beautiful...and so true!! I like what Gail said...I try to remind myself of that everyday!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend...and Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa

Wow, such powerful words. Thank you so much for sharing. I want to copy this and keep reading it over and over. God is so good and I am so thankful to Him for friends like you. I still can't believe we have never actually met! :)

My mom said she got a package from you for my shower. You are so sweet. Thank you!! I can't wait to open it! :)

Have a great weekend!

Amen, sister. I keep telling myself the same thing...

Just say in Keira's room yesterday and boo-hoo'd unexpectedly, feeling we may never see her face.

Sniffle...

It seems like we are all telling ourselves the same things right now. :) Trust is a tricky thing isn't it? I'm trying hard to continue to have the faith and patience to endure these final months. Hope you have a great weekend!

Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day Kayce...

Wow....that's some timely food for thought!

Don't be surprised if next week you see me walking around in a t-shirt that says, "Delay is not denial". It just might become my new mantra!