02 April 2009

Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 14 comments

Is it a dog or a cat??

For a while now I've been wanting to do a few posts about our two dogters, so here is the first post and it's all about Ella May.



Lady Ella May is the most spoiled dog in the world, let me just say that right now! She came into our lives on May 1st, 2003 and soon became the princess of the castle. Mike and I thought we could get the baby thing out of our system by getting a puppy and from day one she has been my baby. In making her the baby of the house, she has learned to take advantage of the entire situation and LOVES the attention. Needless to say I can now go NOWHERE without her following me around or sitting in my lap during our camping trips, the trip may be an hour or 10 hours and she HAS to sit in my lap the entire time. But no matter how much she drives me nuts sometimes, she is still number one and is my little shadow. Here's some fun Ella info...

* Ella was the runt and the last pup to leave her breeder. The breeder held her for a week for us and fell in love with her and almost didn't give her to us. When we picked her up they were feeding her filet mignon and she was sitting in the lap of the breeder happy as a clam.



* We drove 7 hours to pick her up and she sat in my lap the entire way home.

* She's been a camping dog since day one.



* As a puppy she used to jump in the shower with me EVERY SINGLE TIME!

* Ella has slept in our bed since she was 4 months old. Bad I know.



* She can't stand to spend time outside, but once she feels comfortable she'll spend hours digging holes and playing in the dirt.



* She will crawl into the smallest of places where you're sitting to lay on your feet.

* Ella is more cat than dog. See above.

* She has had several birthday parties in her honor.



* She misses her big sissy Molly Sue everyday. When we mention Molly or say MoMo she will perk up and look around for her. Her grieving for Molly was so intense, it as at times so hard to watch. Very painful. I wonder sometimes when her pain will end and I don't think it ever will, she will forever miss her MoMo. So will we.



* Her little sister, Summit is her best friend and she is VERY protective of her. She is also NOTHING like Summit AT ALL.


* Ella can tell time. Seriously, you think I jest! 5pm if dinner is not in her face she'll let you know. If her bone is not given to her at 7pm you'd better watch out! By 10pm if we are not in bed she will pace until we get up and go upstairs to bed, she will will stay with anyone who remains downstairs until they go up and get in bed. But she's the last to awake in the morning.

* She watches over her house in the comfort of her bay window and her pillow. She'll stay in that place for hours it seems.



I could go on and on...she is my baby princess. Stay tuned for Summit's turn...

14 comments:

That is like what my cat 'Garfield' was... he was like a human... now, I have my gorgeous bird who wants to eat my camera... errrr

What a cute fur baby! We love our animals too. It is amazing how they become such a part of our family. All of our cats know that 10 is our bedtime and all start to remind us that we need to head that way. Animals are so much smarter than people give them credit for!

She's so sweet. This is fun! Can't wait to hear about Summit.

Would love to hear about sweet Molly too, even though I know that will be a painful post to write. I have been wanting to put down some words about our Tess but every time I try I miss her so much I give up.

Did you get my text? We are still on for Monday. I will call you this weekend and let you know where/when. Yahoo!

Both of your fur babies are so cute:) Pets are just like kids....and they are members of the family....there by your side through thick and thin!!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa

Loved this post!
Smitten with Ella now.....

So precious! Gorgeous dog!!! Makes me want her.

Kayce, I saw this and thought of your last post...

We say, then, to anyone who is under trial, give Him time to steep the soul in His eternal truth. Go into the open air, look up into the depths of the sky, or out upon the wideness of the sea, or on the strength of the hills that is His also; or, if bound in the body, go forth in the spirit; spirit is not bound. Give Him time and, as surely as dawn follows night, there will break upon the heart a sense of certainty that cannot be shaken.

Amy Carmichael

Nothing quite like puppy love is there?

Beautiful post. We have a black lab named Molly(age 9) who is going through some health issues and is truly my 4th child. They are a part of our family. :)

I could have written this post...all you do and feel...same for me and Daisy. In our bed...check! Parties for her...check! Cat like habits...check!

I just spent the last 20 minutes playing the Kissing Game with her...which is where I kiss her over and over. And coo sweet fur baby love words to her.

Oh...and see..it is 5 pm here. The song (more of a whine) begins. She knows it is supper time!

Keep smilin!

Kayce!! We got the call!! Go check out my blog! :) love you!!!

You really are a dog person! Too cute!

Speaking of cute....you have to get to Mardi's blog and check out Lauren.

Great photos and great post Kayce!

Your dogs are beautiful and very well taken care of and loved. I remember how hard it was for you last year when Molly passed away. It was about the same time I lost my childhood dog as well.

As far as telling time, you got that right. Syd & Gabby will let you know when it's time to to wake up and feed them as well as time to give them dinner. Food is their motivation. Usually before bedtime the dogs just go up on their own and wait.

Hopefully referrals speed up soon. I know how shocked and blessed we were to receive Emilija's referral last week. And I know we won't wait as long as you will. But I know had we stayed the NSN route I can't even begin to imagine how long it would've been.

Can't wait for your post about Summit!!

Ohhhhh what a cutie!!! I love dogs!!!! Our dog Lucy is very spoiled...she sleeps with us every night because I did not have the heart to use a crate...so I brought her to bed to potty train her...and she is still in my bed LOL