25 August 2008

Monday, August 25, 2008 - 8 comments

Barefoot reading adventures

Welcome back to our reading circle! I hope you enjoyed last weeks introduction to We All Went on Safari. What a colorful and great educational book it is! Well today we are going to explore The Barefoot Book of Princesses


This book is available in hardcover with a cd ($19.99) or the paperback version with cd which is on sale for ($12.99). The stories are good for read alone readers ages 6-10 or read together for ages 4-8. You can even add a little fun to your reading time by getting the hand-crafted Folkmanis Princess Puppet, which has a workable head and hands and is sure to be wonderful for any girl who wishes to be a princess!

The Barefoot Book of Princesses is filled with wonderful stories of princesses from around the world, including the following:

The Princess Who Lost Her Hair
Akamba - African

The Mountain Princess
Persian

The Beggar Princess
Chinese

The Princess and the Pea
Danish

The Sleeping Beauty
German

The Birdcage Husband
Kalmuck - Siberia

The Horned Snake's Wife
Iroquois - Native American

Each story is filled with adventure, cultural customs and imaginative things girls only dream of. Girls of all ages will love the stories and can also listen to the CD that is included with each book. Of course my personal favorite is the story of the Chinese princess, Green Jade the Beggar Princess who is married to Mo Chi who only wanted to marry her for her money. But there is more to the story of Mo Chi and the Beggar Princess that waits for you inside the pages of The Barefoot Book of Princesses.



I hoped you enjoyed this weeks barefoot adventure into The Barefoot Book of Princesses! To order this book and others, please stop by my store or contact me at barefootkayce@comcast.net

I'll see you here next week to run barefoot through the book, I Took The Moon For A Walk.

8 comments:

The book sounds great, just catching up on your other posts too, glad to see you are loving your job and I hope you had fun clothes shopping!

Those sound like wonderful books! I'm all for being barefoot.

What great books!!

I always liked your new music monday's but I am lovin your reading adventures!

Lisa

Great Book..
Looks very cute..
Thanks for sharing..

The illustrations and colors are really beautiful!

so nice!

Lea
xo

pretty illustrations! I am giving you an award so be looking...

Hey friend,

Check out my BLOG for some fun.

Lea
xo