19 June 2008

Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 5 comments

A note in the journal

Went for a walk on the beach tonight.
Beautiful, clear, breezy and hot.
It's been a long day and a stressful week for both daddy and I.
After a long walk your daddy and I sat down to sift through a strand of crushed shells to look for sea glass.
Lots of shells but few pieces of glass.
But then I saw something but passed it by.

Moments passed....

Then I saw it again and picked it up this time.
I found a piece of jade.
Someday we will take you to jade beach.
It is in the Pacific Valley.
At least 100 miles from your home.
So when I found this piece of jade on our own beach, I was very surprised.
I showed your daddy to confirm my find.
He was equally surprised.
We walked away from our spot wondering if today is the day you were born.

Our little piece of jade.
You will be so treasured.
And when you are in our arms someday, we will show you this piece of jade.
God Bless you, our little girl.

Mommie.
6/19/08 8:32pm

5 comments:

I got goosebumps reading this. It's lovely.

Donna

Wow!

Keep smilin!

Kayce that is beautiful. And thank you thank you for your kind comment on my blog! : ) You made my heart happy.