13 May 2008

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9 comments

Recaping the last 48

The weather has FINALLY changed here!! We've got sun sun sun! I've got to soak as much of it in as I can because as soon as summer hits... it's all fog until September.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the front yard working on my fountain and doing yard work, gee fun fun. While I'm out there I'm watching the quail when all of the sudden there are about a dozen fuzzy little balls right in front of me!!! OMG!! Have you ever seen a baby quail?? CUTE!! Well the sweet things ran out into my driveway and scattered, one went into my garage and another into the back yard, the abis. I was able to get the one from the garage, but the one that went into the back yard I could never find. I returned garage boy to the nest arcoss the street were mom and dad were anxiously waiting. I hope the abis baby found his was out and made it home.

Mother's day was nice. I got a beautiful flower arangement from Mike and a morning in bed reading, NICE!! My cupcake experience was, ummmm let's say interesting. I went through 3 batches before I got it right. I made them from scratch and I don't think I'll do that again. Of course all I've got for you is the messed up ones and not a pic of the ones that turned out perfect. We all got a wonderful surprise when Jacob showed up with homegrown roses in hand and a self picked card for me. To say I was happy is an understatement. The garden party was wonderful and relaxing. A family friend came over to celebrate her first mama's day and we all got to spoil her daughter.
My mom...Beautiful lady! Beautiful baby!

With all that being said it's been a great last 48 hours! Our thoughts are still all about China in our home, we are full of prayer.

9 comments:

that arrangement on the table is beautiful. Is that yours?

Lea

Yup! It's mine...I gave the violets to the moms so I didn't get to enjoy it for too long! Now I'm missing those sweet things!

Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous baby and it looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Looks like an absolutely beautiful day!! LOVE the flowers! ;)

I love quails!! Glad to hear this little one is back with him family. :)

Catching up...great to hear that things are sunnier!!

Keep smilin!

First... I want to say a huge thank you for the gift that you sent... that was so sweet to think of me like that... I plan on putting it on my site but haven't had a chance yet... seems you had a wonderful Mother's Day with friends etc take care

What a nice day!! Love the arrangement and your mom is so pretty!!! What a cute quail-- so tiny!

OK, I never knew you got fog all summer-- that sucks. I guess the rest of the year makes up for it-- to live in a place like that would be amazing!!

christy:)

Love your centerpeice, very beautiful.
Your mom is very beautiful, the photo of her and the baby is gorgeous.
My girls will enjoy seeing the photo of the baby quail, thanks for posting.

Glad your day was wonderful! It sounds like you had a fabulous time with everyone!