08 April 2008

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 17 comments

Conquering my fears


UPDATED to add picture. Thank you Mark for taking this great shot!!

Well today I did a pretty big thing for me. I put on my big girl pants and one, drove over to San Jose and two, met new people! My biggest fear of the day was the drive of course, but I was slightly hesitant to reach out to strangers. But man am I glad I did!!! The drive over my worst enemy, highway 17, was great! I loved every minute of it. I even got off the freeway on the way home and searched out a Starb*cks, I actually went into the unknown. That is a huge step for me! I'm so proud!

SO my drive was all for fun and a special treat...I got to meet some truly wonderful fellow bloggers.

Sophie's mom, Michelle.
Team Salsa, Mary-Mia.
Double Happiness, Donna.
Cameron and Gracie's mom, Lisa
The Teague Family who have a private blog

All such wonderful families and I am so happy I worked up the courage to step out of my shell! Thanks for a fun day you guys! Can't wait to do something again soon.

We hung out at a too out of place farm in San Jose called Emma Prusch Farm, I so can't wait to go back someday with Jenny in tow. I'm sure you are all wanting to see pictures...HAHA I didn't have my camera but I did manage a few with my phone...and I've now been sitting here waiting for them to load up from my phone and I've managed to mess something up. You'll have to wait to see those cute pictures!

17 comments:

It was really great to meet you! I know we'll be looking you up when we come to SC this summer. Be sure to let me know if you decide to brave hwy 17 again and come out our way.

:)

Donna

Oh how fun! Glad you had a good time!

It was really nice to meet you today, Kayce. I'm glad you overcame your fears. I never would have known you were nervous!!

Stacey

That is so great! I know what you mean about getting on those HWYS!! Good job! I also loved your post below!!!!!

Those are some neat ladies! I've met everybody except the Teagues.

I'm so glad you ventured out and had a good day!

Thank you so much for coming. I'm so glad we got to meet. I wish we had more time to just talk. Let's maybe plan something when I come up in the summer! Today was so fun.

AH man, lucky you!!! I have meet Michelle (hung our with her in disney) and Team Salsa a few times. What fun!!!

You should be so proud to venture out of you comfort zone. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Great to meet you Kayce!!! Glad you braved 17 and our big rambunctious group (I'm really shy meeting new people, so I can completely relate!). Hope to see you again soon.

You must have had so much fun.

Lea

That is so cool. Not only that you conqured your fear but that you got to meet other blogger moms. That is so darn cool. I still want to meet up with you when you are down. WE need to get a bunch of us bloggers together again and meet up somewhere. I woudl love love love that!~

Christy :)

Good for you, stepping out of the comfort zone and conquoring your fears.
I am so happy you enjoyed your drive and meeting some fellow bloggers.
P.S. Finding a Star*bucks, my kinda girl. ;)

I'm glad you were able to meet other bloggy friends. It was very difficult for me as well but it is so worth it!

So worth it, yes?!? What a fantastic group of women...I'm so happy for you getting the chance to hang with the ladies!

Good for you! I'm so glad you met new friends and had a nice time! :) What a beautiful group!

Good for you!!! Big Girl Panties - that cracks me up. Love all the smiles in that pic.

I would love to meet some fellow BLOGGERS! Good for you.

Lea

I am Always challenging myself to do things I otherwise wouldn't... take care