17 December 2007

Monday, December 17, 2007 - 1 comment

Good Times! Good Times!

What a great weekend! I hope everyone else's was fab and you were able to enjoy some time with family and try to relax a bit before the big day next week. We did a little of both!

We FINALLY got our tree on Friday night....Pictures to come.
Saturday we were all excited to sleep in and enjoy a relaxing morning with nothing to do until 11:45. At about 10 Mike and I decided to go for a long walk on the beach with the girls, so we headed out and talked, gathered treasures and just plain relaxed. Mike kept asking me if we should turn around and head home to get ready for the play we were to go see at 11:45. I kept reassuring him we had plenty of time, "lets just keep going", I said. When we did finally turn and get back to the house, we had 15 minutes to get ready!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!! What was I thinking! SO much for relaxing! We hurryingly (is that a word??) got ready. Thank God my parent were 15 minutes late to pick us up!!!!

So Saturday was spent watching the Shakespeare Santa Cruz version of The Princess and the Pea. It was fabulous and Jake LOVED it! Last year when we went we were all excited to have Jenny with us this year, but yes it was yet another disappointment this holiday season. So instead of looking forward to next year with Jenny, we all decided to look forward to having her with us in 3 years, that way if she comes home before then, we will all be pleasantly surprised! (HAHAHAHA, I'm trying to think this is funny).

With Saturday under wraps Jake and I got up and went to church at 7:30 am!!!! Damn that is TOOO early on a Sunday! But of course it was for a great cause and we were happy to be there. Sunday was the youth group pancake breakfast fund-raiser. The kids did it all and us parents just sat around and chatted and helped where needed. By the time we got home after 1, we literally felt like taking a LONG nap! Which I did after Mike and I went for another beach walk. What a perfect ending to a great weekend.

To top the weekend off, we sat up until 11pm on Sunday to watch the finale of Survivor. I do have to say that I'm glad it's over! It's been tough watching this season, as I LONG to be in China, even if it is for a day. Just a day so I can feel just a little close to my daughter. I miss her so much. So much.

1 comments:

Fun weekend. Cant belive you woudl choose to wake up and be somewhere by 7:30am-- never!!! Love your 3 years out scenerio-- Im pretty sure you will have a nice little surprise!!

Christy :)