21 November 2007

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 13 comments

So much to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE!!!

I have so much to be thankful for this year that I just want to sit down and cry and cry! I actually have to be honest with you all. My list of thankfulness is as follows:

My health. I may not be perfect, but I am a good diabetic. It gives me joy to know that my health is good!

The openness with my son. I am still able to sit down with him and talk and he talks back! I pray everyday that this will continue forever because it is so important to have open communication with him for the next few years of his teenage life.

My dogs. They just bring so much joy to my life, everyday. Even though they have cost us so much this year in medical bills, I don't regret the decisions we made.

My close friends. This year has been full of loss of friends or maybe just true colors being shown. A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out and that is exactly what has happened to me. I may only have a handful but they make my life complete. Thank you!

My family. I am so blessed to have a close family and we communicate lots. I can't wait to spend the day tomorrow with most of them. My dad is in another state, but I know a moment wont pass when he wont be thinking of me.

And most of all I am thankful for my husband. Mike is the caffeine in my coffee, the blue in my sky, the green in my grass and the beat in my heart. His love for me is amazing! I am full of fire and he loves me for it. Never will he suppress that and for that I am grateful. This last month as been such an emotional roller coaster for us, especially me...

Mike hadn't been feeling well and called me one day and asked me to make him a dr.s appointment. He HATES going to the dr. and he rarely goes so I became immediatley alarmed. He said he just didn't feel right and had a lot of pressure in his groin area. He got into the dr. the next day and after a brief exam the dr found "something" on his prostate. When he came home after and told me I lost it. This man is my world. I hate it when he has a cold! Nothing could happen to him I told him!!!! Well the dr. put him on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics thinking that he had a pretty bad infection of the prostate and then set up blood work to check for cancer. We had to wait to do the test until after the antibiotics were gone...2 weeks!!! ARGH I'm flipping out here!!!! Well we finally got the results back the other day and my husband is cancer free. Praise the Lord!

I have never in my life been so worried. This is the man who married ME!! He WANTED ME and I can't have ANYTHING happen to him. He is my sole mate and I am SOOOO thankful for his life.

So on this Thanksgiving I will not only pray for the blessings in my life, but also for the people in this world who are scared, happy, or just plain thankful like me. Thank you all for your support these last few weeks, it felt good knowing I wasn't alone.

13 comments:

You defo have so many wonderful things to be thankful for. SO happy to hear that Mike is okay!

Keep smilin!

Sometimes I lose track of the wonderful things in my life. Thanks for this reminder. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

so glad Mike is ok, have a great holiday weekend!

I'm thankful all turned out well...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I have been praying for you. Happy Thanksgiving & Hugs.
Terri

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Glad all is well with the hubs! ;)

Thankgoodness. What a scare & what a great happy ending. XO

I am so glad your hubby is okay! Enjoy your turkey!! gobble gobble! :)

I'm thankful for many things, but wanted to share that I am thankful for our rekindled friendship. Glad to see things are going better right now. Take care.

Wow! I'm so glad your man is well. Scary stuff.

Now I understand your need to take a break from blogging. I am so happy to hear that Mike has a clean bill of health. How horrible to have to feel such fear.

Kayce -- You do have lots to be thankful for. I am glad your hubby is okay. I also have Type 1 diabetes (for almost 16 years) and am well controlled with an insulin pump.

Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful! Sorry we had to miss spending the day with you! I know camping will be wonderful!!! I see the Big Sur coastline... so jealous!!! :)