16 October 2007

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 15 comments

Many Thanks

Thank you all so much for your support and continued prayers. I am feeling better, not quite 100% but better. I have never in this wait felt so down as I did Sunday.

My wonderful husband didn't know what to do with me, he just kept kissing me and telling me to hold on it will be over soon, when our time is ready. It reminded me of being in labor and wanting to stop and quit, but no someone is always there to push you through. Mike did that Sunday. We may never birth a child together, but this wait is exactly what labor is. HARD and PAINFUL!! I'm so blessed to have him at my side telling me to keep going. We ARE birthing our child, we just have to do it for YEARS instead of hours.



During the last few days we have been discussing a lot of what has happened over the last 2 years and what we have given up, what we sacrificed. We are not going to continue to live waiting anymore. I can't. We are going to make plans. We are going to go back to what we were doing when we started this journey and just face the music when we get the call. This hasn't been fair to our two children who are now teenagers. We've put of D!sneyl@nd for two years, waiting to take Jenny. Not anymore. We've stopped camping, our prozack. Not anymore. We've put off so much else we can't get back, but we can't do that anymore. We must live our lives.

Thank you again to each one of you for your support, it means the world to me that I have friends out there who understand AND feel my pain. I want to meet each and everyone of you....Vegas anyone???? Seriously? We could plan a blogger summit in Las Vegas after the holidays. Let loose. Forget the wait for a weekend. If anyone is game let me know.

15 comments:

Deep sigh! I'll keep you in my prayers.

I would love to meet everyone too. I do believe we are a special breed.

viva las vegas!

viva las vegas!

OK, if you come to the big D- you have to let me know!!! You can smooch up Katie Mei (me too) all ya want!! How fun. That is the right way to look at this. XOXO

Love your comparison to the birth process. I honestly haven't throught of it like that & I'm all about analogies.

I've never met you, but I can whole heartedly say, "I LOVE YOU". I have been agonizing for the past two days over your "Dark" post. I could feel your pain and wanted so badly to say just the right thing to make it all go away. Then, today, I see that you are drawing strength from the most reliable of sources...yourself (and your husband)and God I'm sure. I would seriously consider Vegas. I bet I could talk Terri and Mardi into it as well. We are all Phoenix girls...Vegas is a hop, skip and a jump from here. For what it's worth, I love Mandalay Bay...they have a great spa!

I think you have made a wise decision. Enjoy the present and keep your eyes on the future. There is goodness to be had in both!

I am so down with the Vegas idea. I would love to meet up with all those in bloggerland who have been so supportive of us over the years. It woudl be fun to meet you AGAIN!!

Im so glad you are moving on. It is not like you are forgetting about your daughter, it is that you are continuing with your life with the anticipation that when it is time your family will be complete. I am so glad you have made the decision you have made. It will make the remainder of the wait much easier. Good for you!!

Christy :)

Seriously-- love the Vegas idea!!

GO TO DISNEYLAND!!! This has been my band wagon for months - go and LIVE! no more putting off life and living until we have our babies home - we have to live for them so we can show them how much we did while we waited for them to join our family!

Meanwhile - thanks for the sweet words yesterday!!

Cheers ~

Good to hear. I never thought of that analogy. Good one.

Ya gotta live. I try to and some days I do and some days I don't.

Keep smilin!

I wanna go to Vegas and meet Blogging buddies! I'm serious. I'm in. Me and the hubs were up in your neck of the woods on Monday, but it was a quick trip and no time for anything else. Just lunch and a quick walk on the pier before heading back to my sister's. Some day we'll get the chance to get together.

Sorry to hear you were down but glad to hear that you are feeling better. We have been saving $ like crazy but are going to spend a little on ourselves and have a holiday too.
This wait is HORRIBLE and if it is true and we have another year, then I vote that we all use the time to do all the things that we love and make us feel great!!! Sound like you are on the right course... have some FUN!!!!!!

I wasn't around when you posted the last post but still wanted to comment that I know where you were at when you wrote this... trust me I know. I'm glad you're feeling better and not putting life on hold anymore! I'm not either :)

Good for you guys.. I'm so glad you're feeling better and that you've both made this commitment to embrace life more fully... I need to take on this same attitude!