12 October 2007

Friday, October 12, 2007 - 1 comment

A little bit of this. A little bit of that.

Happy Friday!!! I can't believe another week has passed, it's crazy!!

There isn't too much to post about because I'm just not into it right now...I'm sick AGAIN!!! This time it's my ears! I'm off to the doc at 9 this morning, but all I want to do is lay on the couch and cry! I never had ear infections as a child, but I do constantly as an adult. When Jacob was little he was sick constantly with ear issues. He had tubes and multiple visits to the ER, the whole nine yards. I never could quite understand his pain, he was in pain, but I never realized how much pain until I got my first ear infection a few years ago. I hate ear infections!

One nice note this week is that I had a very slow week, which was perfect after the last month I've had. Yesterday I spent the entire day, 9-6 in the nursery. I cleaned out the closet, washed all clothes that were 6-12 months which my husband thinks is silly since we have no idea what age we will be referred, I organized all the clothes in bins by age, 12-18, 18-24 and 2T and up, and I threw out 3 bags of trash and got 6 bags of donations out the door! It was a fun day! Since I didn't really feel too hot I just went slow and spent lots of time dreaming as I "played" in our baby girls room.

So here you have steps 209-348 in getting the nursery ready!

A drawer full of onsies, socks, jammies, and tights!
Basket full of shoes! A girl can not have enough shoes!!!
Can you say DRESSES!!!
The dress hanging here was mine. And of course you can't have a nursery without a SF Giants cap!
The not quite finished dresser. This dresser was mine and still has the paper from my moms shower for me in it. It used to be a honey stained wood, but Mike worked really hard to make it white for me, I LOVE IT!! It will also be the changing table when it's finished. Anyone know where I can find some fun drawer knobs?
Here's that sweet table I bought at the school auction last year along with some baskets of books
And finally the high chair, which is almost done. Again, this was a honey wood, but I wanted it white. My husband takes such good care of me! It was nice to finally pull this out of the closet, I think now I'll have to start working on a cute seat cover for it!

So there's the update on the nursery. Stay tuned for more to come in the near future!!

1 comments:

Feel better!

The nursery is beautiful. I love going in ours and putzing around. Strengthens my spirit.

Keep smilin!