20 June 2012

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 5 comments

LIttle House

Tonight a dream came true.  A dream I've dreamt of for years and years.  And tonight I lay down in my daughters bed to read her a book before she slumbered off but this time I choose the book and was as excited to open it as I was when I first got the book 32 years ago.  A dream come full circle.  As I snuggled down and told my sweet girl that this book we were about to read was mine when I was a little girl and it was my most favorite book in the world.  I told her how I'd read all of these books a million times when I was little and was so excited to read them with her now.  She replied..."I'm excited too mommy and now your special books are my special books."  Oh I almost cried!  Yes darling they will become your favorites too, I'm sure.


And then I opened her world to the "Little House on the Prairie" books and we read the first chapter of "Little House in the Big Woods" and she ate it up.  I was slightly hesitant to go beyond simple readers with lots of pictures but she's been sitting through longer and longer books for a while now and I just knew it was time.  With her snuggled next to me quietly listening, I went back in time with her and got lost in the simple life of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  We finished the first chapter wanting to go on to the next but decided to stop at a chapter a night.  I can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

5 comments:

My fav too! I have my boxed set still!

What a beautiful post, my favorite series hands down!!! Enjoy this special time with your sweet girl. :)

Oh, I love that book too! Had never thought of reading it to Hannah. I'm going to try this soon too.

Hmmm...Wonder when she'll be old enough for 'Anne of Green Gables'?

One of my favorite series! I have visited the site of their dugout home here in Minnesota and one area in SD.

LOVE IT... and Jenny will sit and actually listen.. she is amazing.. and I miss you guys sooo much..
LOVE YOU TONS...