19 June 2012

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 7 comments

Holding the anchor


It feels as though a year has passed in just the last two weeks.  I have been in complete shut down mode and sorting through my emotions and sitting for long moments to shed a tear or two.  A lot of big things have happened in such a short period of time and it's no wonder I'm emotional.

Jake got his license.
Jake finished his junior year and is now a senior.
We moved.
Jake left for his summer job...we'll see him a few times over the next few months.
Our lives are in boxes or bags.
We have moved forward.

It's been a process of sorting through emotions.  And resorting those emotions.  

I am in heaven in our new house and have quickly worked on making it a home with the help of my mom and many others, THANK YOU!!  The sun shines here every day and we love the smaller space we now have.  I've wanted to have an outdoor living area for a very long time and now we do and we find ourselves sitting outside for meals more than in and we've also put an old futon on the deck to take afternoon naps on or to enjoy a good cup of coffee in the morning.  It's pretty darn blissful.  We're settling in as best we can.

As for our other home, we are still in transition.  And it's a process.  It's a shell now and almost empty.  We still have the garage to empty and I'm thankful that my husband wants to do this part.  It is hard for me.  I feel like a failure when I'm there.  Yet I come home to our new place and feel refreshed and renewed.  I don't want to go back to the old house where I feel at my worst, yet I know I need to go so I can help and stay focused on reality.  Life is not perfect and we should never pretend it is.  I don't ever want to forget this lesson and finishing what we started will help me to remember.  

For now I struggle with feeling overwhelmed and buried in not only boxes behind closed closet doors but my emotions too.  

A lot has changed in the last few weeks.  

All good but a lot to absorb and but in it's rightful place.  

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek." - Hebrews 6:18-20 (MSG)


"...without an anchor for the soul we can be left floating on a restless changing sea of uncertainty and insecurity. But for those who have faith in God, of this one thing we can be absolutely sure: God changes not! His love is from everlasting to everlasting and he is still in control of the world and universe no matter what." - The Gospel.com

We planted a little garden this last weekend and I'm looking forward to watching the new sprouts shoot up.  It's bound to feel new and exciting not only for me but through the eyes of our daughter, who by the way LOVES her new house.  I have been reminded many times throughout each day how blessed we are and how God has had His hand in this move and experience.  That humbles me.  He led us here and He has plans for us...I'll hold on to that anchor and let the current guide me.  

7 comments:

without change, nothing can move forward.

You have been on my mind my friend. If you have a moment, please let me know your address.

lea
xo

glad things are falling into place... Wish we were living next to you and enjoying each other in small places....
Miss you tons..
glad you are back..
hugz..

Glad to hear you're settling in. A smaller, cozy space can be wonderful!

CANNOT WAIT to see you!!! Less than 2 weeks....WHEEE!!!

I read every book and waited all week to watch the show on television. I am so happy for you!

You do know, that I grew up near Burr Oak don't you? Terri

You do know, that I grew up near Burr Oak don't you? Terri