24 February 2012

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 3 comments

The first twelve.

Lately I am feeling really overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed with time.  I see things changing so much and I am watching the days pass me by at an alarming rate.  I know I talk about this a lot but it's still really overwhelming for me right now.  As I sit here writing this I have tears streaming down my face and I don't know why I've been reduced to tears.  Maybe because it's almost March and I'm still not done with February yet and before I know it, it will be April and then May and you know how it goes from there.  Moving forward even if we're not quite ready.

Yesterday we received our appointment letter for Jacob's senior year meeting to go over classes and all that will come next year.  And of course that put me in a time warp funk.  I can't believe this is where we are!  I am beyond excited for next year and am feeling so blessed to be able to be along for the ride with my son but man where have the last 11 years of school gone???  Every few days I think about where we'll be this time next year and as this school year begins to come to end, I tear up thinking about senior this and senior that and then graduation.  Oh.  Sigh.

Soon after those thoughts of senior year passes I am smacked in the face with the reality that my wee sprout will be beginning her 12 years of education the following year.  Really?  Another twelve years ahead of me...ABC's, reading, math, science projects, essays, electives, clubs, dances, centers, then suddenly looking at colleges and then graduation.  It all goes by so fast.  So fast.    Before I know it I'll be planning your graduation party Jennifer.

I'm determined to make next year just as special at the first eleven were for you Jacob!  I'm here for the ride even though I'll most likely be an overwhelmed emotional mess. It should be a time for reminiscing  about the past and prepare for the future at the same time for all of us.  One thing I know for sure is that it will be an adventure...one full of God's grace and love.  Now I'm off to find your kindergarten box...

Love,
Mom

 

3 comments:

Hi Kayce! Just wanted to say hey! I noticed that you follow my blog and I wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait to learn more about your boy and his cricket;)!
Blessings,
Rebecca

Boy howdy...time flies.

Trying desperately to live in the moment but it's tough for sure! Hope today is wonderful for you!

You have much to be proud of with your two amazing kids!