16 November 2011

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 6 comments

{God Is}...My Rock


“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them
 into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matthew 7:24

A few weekends ago we headed down to Big Sur to spend a day absorbing the sunshine but mostly to spend a few minutes with God.  Big Sur is our heaven.  Our space on this earth where both Mike and I feel as close to God as one can physically get.  The redwoods come right down to the waters edge and the beaches are filled with sea creatures and rocks with the oceans etchings covering them.  It's mystifying!  Then we drive away from the ocean up the steep cliffs to take in the view from the sky, you can hear nothing up there.  Nothing.  The view is beyond imaginable.  It takes my breath away every time.  The wind comes up the canyon and it's as though the breath of God himself has just washed over you.  We come down that windy road always feeling renewed regardless if our time up there was a few minutes or an entire day.
This view with the loss of any sound is so full of God!  You can not tell where the sea meets the sky. The picture before us is in constant motion from the ocean churning below to the changing sky above.  It is so full of His power and His unchanging love for the world and for ME!  Little ole me!  Me who sins and yet is forgiven.  Me who is somewhat scared in my own walk yet is still being led.  Me who has found strength in the solidity of God.  I am awed beyond measure at these sentences as I am by Him.  This wasn't who I was five years ago but it is who I am today and thankfully I have found my rock to steady me!  God is my rock.  My steady rock on which I stand.  

Bestow on them a crown of beauty 
   instead of ashes, 
the oil of joy 
   instead of mourning, 
and a garment of praise 
   instead of a spirit of despair. 
They will be called oaks of righteousness, 
   a planting of the LORD 
   for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 63:3


6 comments:

this post is beautifully written my friend. You have such talent. Not to mention the photos.

I am interested in your transformation that happened over 5-years. When you have the time I would love you to tell me about your journey.

lea
xo

Stunning!! Isn't our God AMAZING?? To be SO BIG, yet he knows every hair on our heads! I am thankful for his renewed mercies every single day! :D
xoxo Brooke

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your heaven on earth with us! Just seeing your pics and reading your words made it so crystal clear.

Great is our God!!!

Hmmm....perfect for what I needed to hear today. Thank You. God is a rock. constant, real. Sometimes I feel like I am drifting and dont know where I should go. God is my rock my anchor. Thanks for the beautiful words and pictures....I love Wednesdays!

~Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com

Kayce -

You can definitely use my post! I so wish we were closer so you could take pictures of Lucy. If you are ever in TN let me know!! I will call if I am in California!
Mel

Awesomely expressed as usual Kayce! God is just so Amazing. I don't know if I will get time to post, but if I could, I would post my beautiful girl at the Polar Express this weekend as one of the many visions of God's beauty that surrounds me...

You are a light in this world Kayce and I can't wait to meet you in person someday! :)