26 October 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 5 comments

{God Is}...LOVE!

This week our God Is series is all about the love of God and how magnificent that love is!  To me that is how I profess my faith...through love.  During the church service on Sunday Mike leaned over and said that the picture he took of Jenny and I the first summer she was home with us, was his idea of pure love and he said I should use it for this weeks God Is photo challenge.   I jumped at the idea because to be quite honest, I've been lacking on capturing God's amazing glory with my camera this week, so if you've read my blog for awhile you've seen this capture before.  
Mike did a beautiful job capturing a most intimate moment of mother and daughter and I stare at this image everyday as it hangs on our living room wall.  Thank you Michael for choosing this weeks picture...I love you!
On the way home from church I asked Mike to do this weeks post (someday he'll cave!) since he was so drawn to this picture for how love speaks to him.  He said 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 sums it up better than he could put words together himself.  I couldn't agree more as well as see John 3:16 as the ultimate love.  Our pastor broke down that passage beautifully in his God Is book.  Amazing!  

Ahh love...it is my passion in life!  God is love! 
I looked up 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in The Message and I thought I'd share that here today...

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.



 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled. 
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


5 comments:

So, so beautiful! Firstly the written word of God and then, that precious picture of love in action.

God is love.

(Sorry I haven't participated as I'd wanted. Life has just been crazy and have to cut back on things. I really enjoy your posts though.)

wow Kayce! beautiful post.

love you friend.

lea
xo

That picture takes my breath away.

....perfect! xoxox,me

I love that photo of you and Cricket... so tender and raw ~ it exhumes LOVE!

I think one of my favorite parts in this translation of that verse in I.Cor. is this: "So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love."

...I am BANKRUPT without love!! So well said. I can't think of a better word to describe the absence of love: bankrupt.

So glad to be back in time to enjoy this {God Is} series you are posting. Love it!!