19 August 2011

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 7 comments

A Moment in Life {First Day - Junior Year!}

Wednesday morning was a moment I don't want to forget...Big J's first day of his junior year!  
Every year I take a picture of him holding up his fingers to represent what grade he's in, well this year we had to figure out how to do it...two number one's is as best as we could do for 11th grade!  :)  I have a feeling though that this year is going to be pretty high up there in the number one spot.
This school year our boy has a full course load at school and he is taking American Sign Language at our local community college.  At the high school he'll be taking his first photography course and will be learning all about, the camera, film, black and white photography and the dark room...I think he's more excited about that class than anything else!  He's also got American Literature, Trigonometry, US History and Earth and Space Science.  For extra curricular activities he'll be on the Homecoming committee for the first time, participate again with Christian Athletes on Campus, Invisible Children, Volleyball and try to get as much if not more community hours put in as last year which was 160.  Like I said...a full load! 
My dearest J...My prayer for you this year is that you continue to follow the path our Lord has set in front of you and you take full advantage of all of the positive opportunities that come your way.  I know this year is going to be a challenge for you yet you are going in head first with all your heart and soul and that is inspiring to me!  Continue to be the leader you are and share your light with those who need it.  Know that we are always here for you in all that you do...we are your biggest cheerleaders!   I am SO excited to watch you learn, grow and succeed during this your junior year of high school!!  SO excited!  Go forth with all the love and joy that God filled you with this summer and make the most of this year!
I love you more than all the sand in the ocean!  
Love Mom.



7 comments:

Dear J, i hope you had a fun first day of your junior year! I also am going to be in my junior year, but am scared as all get out! You'd think after being high school for two years, that a third wouldn't scare me but it does, from the pictures it looks like you were excited to go to school (:

Hope you have an amazing and fun filled school year!
God Bless
-Kirstie Bikakis

You must truly be so proud of him! I hope this year is AMAZING for him!

Oh. My. Word.
Didn't he just start high school last year?!?!?

Have a WONDERFUL year J!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog (http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com) about the dress/fabric! It was so nice of you. It made me smile. I have read and followed your blog for so long! it is one of my very favorites! I shed tears watching you meet your angel....it has inspired, encouraged, and humbled me. I thank you for sharing your journey with so many like me. I hope to have even a little bit of the impact you and your journey has had on me...on others. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Where does the time go? Can't we just stop the time and let them stay young forever? I hoping and praying that JD had a great first day as a JR man on campus! You have a lot to be proud of Kayce. HE is turning out to be a wonderful compassionate young man.

Hugs friend!
Jody

he is changing and becoming a handsome young man. I can't believe the change.

lea
xo

I can barely believe he is a Junior already!!! Time really does fly...... You should be so proud of your handsome young man. It has been a joy to watch him grow and mature of the years. I hope he has a fabulous year.

xoxoxo,

Lisa