27 February 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 20 comments

Smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
~David Harkins



Treasured Daughter.
Adored Sister.
Friend to all.
Enamored Wife.
Adoring Mother to seven.
Darling Aunt to many.
Beloved Grandmother and Great Grandmother to 31.
A gift to all us all.

20 comments:

Kayce, I'm very sorry for your loss. Loosing a beloved family member is so difficult. I hope you can find peace during this time.

Sending you lots of hugs...

Breath, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. just from your posts I can tell she was a wonderful lady and will be deeply missed. Take care and take comfort where ever you can.
many hugs and prayers, Cora

Praying for you sweet friend. xo

Sooo... very sorry for your loss my dear friend. Celebrate her life as she would want you to. Shed tears of joy and know one day you will meet again....
luv ya!!
Jody

A beautiful tribute. Thinking of you in this time of loss.

RIP Helen.

And love to Kayce as she grieves.

lea
xo

I'm sorry for your loss, but those words...they are beautiful. They have so much truth to them. The picture is just gorgeous. Truly beautiful.

Beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

We are so sorry for the sad loss you and your family are facing. It is never easy and hopefully knowing that you are surrounded by so many who care for you bring some comfort.

So Sorry for your loss. I hope that in time you will find peace with things that have happened. Your Gramma sounds like an amazing person. How lucky you were to have her in your life! HUGS HUGS and more HUGS!

Extra love to you and your family during sad time. The Harkins quote is a beautiful sentiment/outlook.

What an incredibly beautiful woman in all ways. My deepest condolences to you and your family, Kayce...

With hugs and love to you my friend. Please, please take care of yourself.

Gail xo

Hugs and prayers to you all. Kim

Lots of hugs your way...

Kayce, So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you. Love this tribute.
Sue

I am sooo sorry..
you know that I am always here.. and you know that I love you tons..
Think of all the AMAZING things your Grandmother has done and taught you .. the AMAZING memories...
hugz..

My thoughts and prayers are with you Kayce...I've been with two of my Grandparents when they have taken their last breath. It's so hard to loose such a constant in your life. What a blessing that you have so many wonderful memories and beautiful photos to cherish forever.

Really big hugs to you.

31 is quite a legacy how wonderful to have had her in your life. Cherish the memories.

She's beautiful Kayce and was quite obviously very loved and admired. I'm sorry for your loss.