19 December 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 8 comments

Scripture and A Snapshot {Do Not Be Afraid}


One of my biggest challenges in life is to not be afraid.  The last few years I have been working on my fears by giving them to God and by doing it afraid. I gain strength in the knowledge that I am not alone when I fear where I am at.  I love this verse, it is a constant reminder to me even though it is one that we most hear during the Christmas season.  I go back to it often through out the year and remember that He gave us His son so that we may not be afraid.  

8 comments:

This is such a good reminder. This last year has really taught me that we can take God at his Word. There's nothing to fear. Romans 8:38

Thank you for sharing..
Love you my friend..
Hugz..

God definitely comforts me with my fears! I love that you read this verse all year long - I think so many verses are reserved for "special" times, when they are applicable every day!

I learned this weekend that there are 365 instances where the words, "do no be afraid," are stated in the bible. Clearly it was a reminder for us all to trust God. It's something I definitely need to work on.

This is so reassuring to me.

I applaud your effort in "doing it afraid." Good for you!

And such a beautiful background for the scripture.

I try, but also agree that sometimes you do it with fear and have faith in the success anyway.

I, too, love the idea of "doing it afraid" rather than thinking we need to wait until our fear is gone. Sometimes just the "doing" and trusting God is what is required. Beautiful picture, too!