21 November 2010

Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 19 comments

Scripture & A Snapshot {Blessed with blessings!}


This year our Thanksgiving table will be filled with one more table setting, a moment that I've been dreaming about for many, many years.  As I think back to last years dinner I am reminded of how hard it was to feel thankful and to remain strong in my faith.  We had been waiting for "the call" for two very long months, (well really 45 months).  Those last two months were torture....we didn't make the cut in October then November was skipped....we were next but didn't know when "next" would happen.  Needless to say it was a tearful Thanksgiving for me.  Surrounded by our families I was able to find the strength to move through the day and know that soon our blessing from God would be here, in His time.   

This Thanksgiving I will look around the table filled with our families, our friends, and our children and be grateful for the incredible blessings I have in my life and the lives of my family.  I will say a grace filled with thanks to Him for never leaving me in my time of sorrow.  I will take a moment to reflect on the last year.  I will say a prayer for those who are still waiting to hold their children on yet another holiday.  I will shed a tear or two I'm sure.   I will be thankful and full of His grace!  Happy Thanksgiving!

May your Thanksgiving be filled with love, family, laughter and many blessings!  




Drench yourself today in more scripture at Scripture & A Snapshot!

19 comments:

That is a beautiful shot and even more lovely verse.

Kayce, this made me cry! Your family is a perfect example of God's faithfulness! And those stairs go so well with the verse, too...one after another until we reach the ultimate blessing at the top: heaven! It also reminds me that sometimes in between those blessings, we might have to take a few steps back, but if we stay on His path, we will eventually arrive at the top!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :)

Kayce, I am so happy that her sweet face will be staring up at you from behind the turkey. I still remember the first Thanksgiving we had with our Tongginator... very special, counting our many blessings.

sharing in this thankfulness. How wonderful is our God.

So happy for you my friend..
You are blessed..
Happy Thanksgiving..
Love you TONS..

Oh that is such a heartfelt post. May the Lord bless you and your little family especially with your new little one the Lord planned for you to adopt in His time.

Rosie
leavesnbloom photography blog

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing your heart. Enjoy your thanksgiving with your new little blessing!

Such a wonderful testimony of waiting on the Lord. Blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving.

What a wonderful thought and photo. I am happy your child received such loving parents!

I am so glad that extra setting will be at your table this year!

Great picture and I love the verse with it. He does give us one blessing after another!

Wow, with your story you shared, you picked the absolute best picture you could. How beautiful!! I am so glad you have that extra spot filled at your table. God is surely good!!

Happy Thanksgiving, indeed!

Great shot. Reminds me of the SoCal beaches...

great words and the photo is amazing!

love the stairs! one blessing after another!

This is gorgeous! Love the photo.