06 August 2010

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 7 comments

Going home

Our trip to Southern California was fab!  We had a great drive down the 101 stopping in Pismo for a park and lunch break, spending an hour crawling through Santa Barbara, and we even managed to get lost looking for a Starbuck's in Santa Paula, we made the most of every minute and laughed our heads off.  Big J was a great co-pilot and the cricket was a trouper!    I loved my one on one trips with Big J but now I'm loving my "mommy and kids" trips even more!

Once we hit the sun and heat filled valley of angels we were go, go, go!  Big J went off to his grandparents and I was on my own with baby in tow and people and places to see!  The highlight of my days was being woken up by my bed mate with a beautiful smile, a "hi mama", and a sweet kiss.  Nothing but momma joy and a perfect way to start our full days!!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a photo slideshow


The main event of my reunion was upon me before I knew it and while I thought I was okay with going back 20 years in time, nerves hit me hard!  Thank goodness my wonderful hubby flew down just in time to reassure me that I looked great and we'd have a great time.  And a good time was had until the flu smacked me right upside the head and running home we went.  Gerrrrr!   I did though just love seeing old friends and reconnecting with everyone and Mike loved hearing all the stories about me...good times!

The drive home wasn't pretty and I hated coming to terms with the fact the trip ended before it was supposed to and we didn't get all of our plans accomplished....oh well I have no problem jumping in the car to head straight back to the land I love!   For now I'm relishing in the memories of the sun and hot temps and gearing up for school to start in a few weeks!!  YeeeeHaaaaaa!

7 comments:

You still didn't come far enough South!

Sorry you got sick but, from your photos, it looks like you still had a wonderful time. You'll just need to go back again soon :)

Looks like you had a great trip overall(besides the flu). Thank you so much for spending the afternoon with me. I had the best time.

love your new blog look!

And, you looked smashing for your reunion!

Lea
xo

How fun! Your hubby was right, you did look great for your reunion! I love the pics at the park. You must love seeing your boy interact with your cutie pie. I know my heart melts every time my older kids play with my lil' cutie pie :)

Looks like a great vacation..
love the photos..
Love ya..

Isn't it crazy how quickly fun trips go! It is over in the blink of an eye!