20 April 2009

Monday, April 20, 2009 - 17 comments

The Happiest Week EVER!

First of all let me tell you...it's hot. HOT! Like 95 degrees in our little beach town. We don't get this hot here. But you know what, I LOVE IT!!! I'm sitting here with my afternoon coffee sipping away enjoying all the windows open, the oven baking, the laundry moving and the fans blowing! My coffee is iced though.

So we are back and off and running already, while it was a bit tough to get moving this morning I have managed to get some laundry done along with other Monday chores done. Our trip was by far the best in a long time. I'm not sure if it was because it was the longest in a while or if it was the fact that I celebrated my birthday and had the best of days or it could have something to do with the shear love of camping my family has. Anyway you put it we had fun discovering new places in the places we've already been, driving in gale force winds, experiencing bubble gum alley, spending time with good friends and family, going from Arctic weather to death valley hot in a matter of days and getting the surprise of a life time on my birthday.

A few things of note from our trip....

* EVERYWHERE we went there were ladybugs. EVERYWHERE!
* Bubble Gum Alley is a trip and really gross.
* The morning of my birthday I got a text from my BBFF wishing me a happy day. I replied back that I wished she was there with us celebrating and told her I was wishing she'd surprise us and show up. She did. She and her husband loaded up the kids and drove 5 hours to spend the weekend with us. It was the most incredible surprise I've ever had. I was a puddle of tears and overwhelmed with joy.
* I have the best family and friends.
* My birthday dinner was the BEST seared ahi I've EVER had!
* We are selling all of our possessions and hitting the road for a life time of camping. Seriously I wish!
* The talk all week was that this may be our last big trip before referral.
* No one missed the computers all week.
* No one missed the TV all week.
* Teenage boys will be little if you give them a chance to just be.
* Saying goodbye is so hard.
* A phone conversation is not good enough for a four year old, "I have to SEE you Aunt Kayce, please come home with me".



Thank you to all who sent me birthday wishes via text, shout outs, cards and driving 5 hours in a car full of kids just to spend the day with me! You all rock!

17 comments:

Happy Belated my friend. Glad you are back. I missed u!

lea
xo

Happy belated birthday! And don't mention the ladybugs... I no longer believe. LOL.

Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad you had a great time on your trip.. My DH would love the bubble gum alley!

Happy Belated Birthday....
Love all the photos..
And this is your last trip with out your daughter.. you are sooo close.. you might be surprised.. I tell you I feel a speed up..
Love the seashell wreath...
Have a great week.
Hugs..

Ahhhhh happy, happy birthday indeed. Sounds wonderful!! Sending you huge bday hugs and hope to see you again soon.

Love the photos - you look like you all had the best time! And Happy Birthday: glad you had such a wonderful day.

Looks like you had a great time!

Bubble Gum Alley? Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!

Those chipmunks freak me out. When we passed by that same spot and stopped I wouldn't even get out of the car. I know. I have issues :)

Glad you are back!

Sounds wonderful! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Keep smilin!

Lots of fresh air and relaxation! I am glad that you had a wonderful time. Terri

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you guys had a blast!! ... I can't believe all the ladybugs! It must be a good sign!!

OMG!! You're getting close to referral! Seriously we saw 2 ladybugs less than a month before Nate's referral and never saw any before or after that again. We thought maybe we were getting twins. haha! I can't believe it's in the 90's there. I didn't realize it got that hot but how awesome that you have ocean breezes to keep cool.

Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. Happy belated birthday!

What a fantastic week....and what great friends!!! Happy Belated Birthday:)

Lisa

Happy Belated Birthday Kayce!!! I love the pic of you in the toy store!! You are too much fun! :)

I'm so glad you had such a great week, you deserve every moment!!

I don't think I want to know what Bubble Gum Alley is. Just looked at the photos - that is nasty!

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was a good one.

I heard California was scorching hot this week. I guess it's even hotter down towards LA-LA-Land.

What fun pictures!!!! Oh that bubble gum looks gross but fun LOL
Yes teenage boys (even older boys, I guess that would be men) will be little if you just let them be : )
Happy belated birthday.
I really enjoyed the pictures.

Where were you guys? I went camping in San Louis one time and I swear it looks like the same place. We even went to the Farmers Market and Bubblegum Alley (which is so gross...my boys loved it, of course).

Your trip sound fantastic. I love hearing about your camping trips. Anything near the water is so dreamy to me!