22 July 2008

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 7 comments

A Kitchen Meme

Let's see if this goes anywhere....

I'm starting a meme of sorts. Tell us what your favorite thing in your kitchen is.

If you want to play along, leave me a comment and pass on the love to a friend or two. The only rules to play by are that you need to post a picture of your favorite thing in your kitchen AND post a recipe to go with it in which you use the said favorite.

Okay here's mine! I've got two favorites...

My KitchenAide and my Pampered Chef chopper thingy.

I use my KitchenAide daily, well almost daily. My grandma gave it to us for our wedding and as much as I want the pink breast cancer awareness one, I'm keeping this one until it smokes. It still runs as good as the day I got it 8 years ago.

My Pampered Chef chopper thing is the best invention ever! This is actually my second one I've owned. I use it too much. When a recipe says chop I am delighted to chop.
Bring it on! The only problem...as you can see I need a new one, anyone sell PC stuff??

Okay well here's my recipe where I used BOTH of my favorite kitchen things! By the way, I make breakfast muffins every Monday and these by far are the house favorites...oh and I added 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed with the flour.

APPLE OATMEAL MUFFINS

1 c. flour, sifted
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1 c. chopped apples, pared
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 - 1 c. golden raisins (opt.)
1/2 - 1 c. walnuts (opt.)

TOPPING:

1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together. Beat egg and milk together; add to flour mixture. Add remaining ingredients except topping. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Prepare topping and sprinkle on muffins before baking. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Yield: 12 muffins.


Can't wait to see what your favorite kitchen thing is and what recipe you post! I'm hoping the following will play along....

Michelle
Lea
Kim
Stephanie
Mardi
Doris

7 comments:

Cool...I will get to this soon.

Keep smilin!

I'm so glad my name wasn't on your list. I'm horrible about doing stuff like this. Although I will tell you that my favorite kitchen item is my electric chopper thing. It's like a mini food processor. It makes dicing an onion a breaze!! No pics or recipes...sorry!

I love this...you saw my post yesterday....love being in the kitchen and love food!

I use the same pampered chef chopper...I have had it for almost 13 years and we use it for everything!

Thanks for the recipe...looks good!

Lisa

I used to have one of those choppers, too! They make quick work of any chopping assignment.

My favorite thing in my kitchen is my husband!!! He's a great cook.

:-)

Hi Kayce --

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I'm happy that you stopped by and that I found your site.

As for the kitchen item, I'd have to agree 100% with Joannah and say my husband as well. I'm a terrible cook and avoid it all costs. Otherwise it would be my purse (which lives in the kitchen) b/c it contains keys and a wallet, both of which will take me out for dinner :-)

Have a great day - kelly :-)

Shawn got me a KitchenAid mixer for our new home. I have to now figure out how to use it.

Oh gosh, I just saw my name! ;) I better get a meme out! Gosh, I have to be honest, I don't spend too much time in the kitchen. I love baking at the holidays, but other than that is take-out for me :)