06 May 2008

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 8 comments

Just a few notes and pictures

I must get that last post off the top of my page! So this is what I've got....

Last weekend was by far the hardest weekend/time I've ever had in this adoption wait. I was a mess. I don't think I've cried that much since my grandfather died. Poor Mikey had to deal with me in the mall on Friday night while I literally wept hard deep sobs of sadness, in the middle of the frickin mall. OMG!! I thought for sure I was dried out, but NO! I continued to cry the next day off and on and then on Sunday in church I'm on my knees praying for guidance and support and I burst into tears right then and there. Someone came and put their arms around me and held me while I cried, I have no idea who it was. I just sat there with my prayer beads (thank you Melissa) in hand, praying for peace for me and all of us out here in this waiting game. I haven't found the answer, yet.

OKAY!!! MOVING ON!!

When we were in Big Sur a few weeks ago we went on a 5 hour 4x4 drive up into the mountains and also went on a small hike to find some hot springs. We never found the hot springs but found this primitive camp ground that over looked the entire valley and the Pacific. Beautiful! We found ourselves sitting down enjoying lunch and a little nap in the sun when we heard someone say hello. Now let me tell you, we are in the middle of NOWHERE!!! All of us jumped but found ourselves looking at a backpacker who seemed nice and not some killer on the loose. We chatted a bit and went on our way, but not before he took this picture of us and then sent it to me just the other day, (he asked for my email).
Nice uh? You can barely make out the ocean in the background. IT was a wonderful adventure and we all got a kick out of "Jim" the backpacker guy.

Let see what else. Oh yeah!!! Jacob made the volleyball team at school! I am so proud and happy! The first game they won, the second they lost and our next one is on Thursday. I'll see if I can't be a good mother and remember the camera for you all. I've been pressing J all year to join a sport and every time he backs out at the last minute, usually due to some mean comment made by this kid that bullies him quite a bit. ARGH!! I HATE bullies! But this time, he did it and he is good! YEAH!!


O o o o o !!!! I just bought these pans!!! I'm SUPER excited to get rid of the Teflon in our house! UBBERRR SUPER GLAD!

Okay enough of my rambles...enjoy your day everyone!

Keeping the faith here!!!

8 comments:

Congrats to Jacob for making the team, good for you!!
I love the backpacker "Jim" story, it was so thoughtful of him to e-mail you the great picture, there are some wonderful people out there. It restores my belief in mankind. ;)
I love the pans!! ;)

Kayce,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the piano books and the sweet little bib you made! Oh my gosh, what a wonderful surprise!!!!!!!!!! It just really made my day and I immediately went downstairs to play the piano for over an HOUR!!!!!!! You rock girl!!!!
Keep in touch! Oh and I LOVE your blog! Mine is at
www.appletonsadoptionjourney.blogspot.com
Susan

Kayce-
You know how much I relate to your weekend. That was totally me a couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry. I'm so glad you are feeling better(listen to the song that's playing on your blog as loud as it will go, over and over and over again. It worked for me!) Only one month, two weeks and two days until camping in Big Sur. WooHoo!!! I Can. Not. Wait.

And yay for Jacob making the V-ball team!

The wait sucks, there's no going around it. It's ok to be sad, after all, our feelings is what makes us human.

LOVE your upbeat music, pic's, new bookcase, etc. etc....HOPE!! YES! :)

I LOVE MY BIB!!!!

Terri (daisybox)

I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS PAST WEEKEND. I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS OF SOBBING AND THEY ARE NOT ONLY PRODUCTIVE BUT NECESSARY. 3 DAYS IS HARD TO TAKE AND IT SEEMS LIKE THIS WHOLE THING IS AN ETERNITY AND YOU DESERVE TO CRY, VENT, YELL, WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THROUGH THE HELL! IM SO SORRY AGAIN!!

CHRISTY :)