16 March 2007

Friday, March 16, 2007 - 6 comments

Out of sight. Out of my mind!

Well we finally made it out of the review room. Almost 365 days sittin' in there doing nothing but stressing out!
And now we wait more.
Originally I thought I'd start the nursery once we made it through review, but now I don't know when I'll start the nursery. I actually packed up everything and put it all out of sight.
It makes me sad.
So the crib is now gone, the clothes packed up, the toys put carefully away, the bedding packed up and sealed.

And now we get to start all over again with our updates. ARGH!! I contacted our home study agency yesterday and I got a huge list of things to do. AGAIN!!! I asked if we should wait a few more months to start the refiling of everything due to the LONG wait, because I don't want to have to do this AGAIN in 12 months, she said "oh I hope you don't have to do it a third time!" Yeah me too! I keep telling myself....patience babe! Both Mike and I are worried about the fingerprinting process though. Last time it took 11 weeks before we got our I-171. Talk about getting an ulcer!

Okay I just totally bitched! And I made a promise to myself when I started this blog not to be a downer about the adoption and the wait. It's out of our control and the Chinese government has a reason for extending the time frame for adoptions. Sorry China, I know you guys are doing the right thing! I am patient I promise, I'm just...

PS - While looking through our paperwork yesterday, I came across a letter from CHI (dated 9/05) that said the usual congrats on your journey of love, blah blah, and it also said that the wait at the time was 8 months. Can you imagine!!!! We'd all be home by now, sleepless and happy!

6 comments:

As I read your post... I am sitting here in an ocean of Adoption paper work. I am going through all of it today.... Sigh.

Sorry to hear that you are in the middle of another paperpile.

Keep smilin!

Well, the good news is that you're out of review. :) I am just now feeling the urge to get busy. It only took 16 months. ;)
Hang in there!

Small gains...I hope for both our sakes we don't have to do paperwork a third time. Now I'm sweating because my agency has made VERY little of the updating process and I won't even start it until May.

We're getting there...day by day by day. Some longer than others to be sure.

I'm just glad I am surrounded others in the wait with me. The support of those who 'get it' is fab.

We all need to vent now and then. My agency told me to start updating in August because my paperwork expires in December. So, it sounds like you're on the right track.

Trust me, you are not alone in these feelings. I was supposed to have sent off my fingerprint re-do stuff in Feb.and haven't yet!! I think I'm in denial. :)

Hang in there!