17 March 2007

Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 8 comments

A new tattoo!

OH MY GOD am I excited!!!!! I am getting my new tattoo on Wednesday! Yes this adds huge joy to my life right now! I already have a turtle on my lower back... and am now adding a Medic Alert on my wrist! I've been struggling with this tattoo for a while now. I am a diabetic. It is not going away. It hasn't in 25 years. I am fearful of having an issue in public and people not doing anything to help me.

I've talked to an ER nurse and an EMT and both said that a Medic Alert tattoo is more likely to be seen than a bracelet or necklace because people wear LOTS of jewelry today. SO I'm making the life long commitment. To a VERY visable tattoo!!!!! I've designed it to look like a red ribbon is tied in a bow on my wrist, and when my wrist is turned over it will have an emblem that says "DIABETIC".

Stay tuned...pictures to follow!

8 comments:

I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!

That's a great idea! Good luck with that.

Good luck! We are both thinking of getting tattoos. Look forward to hearing about your session.

Keep smilin!

Great idea! I hope the tattoo is also a reminder that you were made special and deserve to be treated specially!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm really excited, yet scared to have something SO visible on my arm. Hopefully the artist will make it look natural and girly like I want.

And Mardi, you are right, it is another reason that I want this tat. It will be a reminder everyday that is visible .

Is it done yet?????????? Anxiously waiting to see your beautiful tatoo!

What's been your experience with infection and healing? I've been sitting on the fence for a while and would like to know your thoughts. Drop me an email if you want.

Hope things went well !