12 October 2011

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 2 comments

{God Is} Reflecting...

As water reflects the face,
so one's life reflects the heart.
Proverbs 27:19
There are times in my life where I am stunned to see the reflection staring back at me, 
whether it's in the mirror, in my children's faces or in the eyes of a stranger, I am humbled.  

My walk with God is new.  I've always been a believer but I'd never opened a bible willingly wanting to grow until a few years ago.  There were moments in my past where I read a chapter here or there but it wasn't for more than a brief moment...I always went back to my old habits and haunts and cast Him away.  I pushed the thought of Him away and honestly I made fun of the mere thought of Him.  Then I glanced in the mirror one day and saw His reflection of me staring back...haunted and lost.  

And then I finally let Him in.  For good.

God has shown me in so many ways what He sees in me through others and there is never a moment where I stop and thank Him for reflecting back to me what it is he wants me to see.  It may be a harsh reality I do not wish to face or it may be the simple smile from someone who I have passed along in my journey.  Either way He is telling me something.  He is showing me my faults.  He is telling me a story of love.  He is sharing with me a thought I've only dreamed of.  His reflections are always stunning.  And each time I see a reflection of His amazing grace I am so thankful for that moment He reflected back that scared and anguished mother in the mirror.  I can only move forward from then and not dwell on the past but make the most of what I've been shown.  I can be an example to my children and hopefully be the mother, wife and friend God intended me to be to the world.  




2 comments:

Love it Kayce....so amazing. I tried to add my link but it kept saying error....sorry!

Beautifully said Kayce, He has given you such a gift of expressing thoughts and feelings that many cannot often find words for. If you have not already read, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers, I recommend it. The book aligns perfectly with your post here.