06 April 2011

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 14 comments

Black and White Wednesday - One last day of 15

I am.
I am in awe.
I am proud.
I am honored.
I am amazed.
I am humbled.
I am his mother.
He is.
He is my miracle.
He is filled with faith.
He is a tower of a man.
He is full of laughs.
He is my son.
He is amazing!
After church on Sunday I took my soon to be sixteen year old to "meet" his new car and took the opportunity to do a little photo shoot and spend some time just talking and listening to him.  We had a fabulous time together sharing and laughing and of course a little Starbucks helped to keep him "cool" though my snaps.  His new car will be such a bittersweet sight to see in our driveway as it was my grandmas and I had driven her to pick it up the day she bought it 20 years ago.   Everyday I will think of her when I see my son drive away in it...and I'll smile.  
My grandma wanted Big J to have her car after she passed away and while we have known this was to be, it had never really sunk in for him.  He has hesitated to take his permit test and has mentioned several times he's just not mature enough to drive yet...I told him to take all the time he needed!  As soon as he sat in the car on Sunday and turned the ignition over I could see the maturity begin to peek through...it wont be long now until he's enrolled in permit classes and has a license to drive I'm sure!   It all became real to him.  He's growing up.  Today I will think back to the three days I waited for his arrival with a bittersweet smile...he's no longer a young boy anymore and tomorrow he'll be 16.

Happy Wednesday!  Be sure to enjoy more black and whites over at the Long Road to China!

And if you're up for a challenge, do check out
Do They Have Salsa in China to link up with M3's Spring Fling!



14 comments:

Such a bittersweet post. 16. Wow. Happy Birthday!

G'ma G'ma would say, "Happpy 16th Birthday to my very first Great-Grandchild....you were loved by me!

Oh, he sure looks proud! That first shot looks very cool but my favourite is the one where you hand him the keys.

Erika B

Oh, he sure looks proud! That first shot looks very cool but my favourite is the one where you hand him the keys.

Erika B

Hello
Stoppng byto check out your b and w...very creative first photo.

Happy Birthday to you boy! I can't even imagine that day happening to my little ones. And then a car...that's just unimaginable!

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday Kayce!

Oh Wow, what a beautiful post. My oldest is nine and i pray that the next 7 years move at a snails pace! Congrats on your handsome and mature "boy"!

Janet

Oh happy almost birthday to your young man! Rights of passage are bitter sweet to the mama's. We grab a Kleenix and smile from ear to ear.
Nancy-of the crazy 8

Oh, I have tears in my eyes reading this post. I imagine my own son in a few years in that drivers seat and I can't believe you were steady enough to hold the camera and capture these great shots.

Grandma's car? How incredibly touching. May her presence in his passenger seat never wane!

Good luck Sweet Boy.......and Happy Sweet 16!

That was a beautiful post...

Birthday wishes to Big J. Hope he has a special day and what a wonderful gift his Great Grandma left for him. I bet she'll be right there in the passenger seat riding along with him.

16 tomorrow, wow!! Happy bday in advance, and I know grandma will be smiling down on him when he passes that driving test in her car.

Aww. Happy Birthday!
I'd say you are a lucky Mama - he sounds like such an amazing boy. and he looks especially proud. :)

Jill

Wow! Great Post!

My nephew called last night and was so excited that in 13 days he will be getting his permit. I told him he didn't need to rush into anything. It seems like just a few years ago that he was a toddler standing at my sink playing in the water. Why do they grow up so fast?

Congratulations Big J!!