19 September 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010 - , 12 comments

Family

We've had a pretty packed weekend.  One filled with lots of laughter, reconnecting, and time well spent.   And while I thought that Saturday was enough to fill me up and keep me contently happy with family time, I was surprised when my dear husband said we were going for a bike ride today.  So I franticly ran around the house getting ready and getting Big J up and outta bed...to bad so sad he didn't get to sleep in but once he realized I was serious he was ready and so were the rest of us!
Little Miss J got her first helmet and oh my it's a wee bit cute!
Our starting point!  Our little cricket was not too sure about this for the first mile or so but soon she realized that it was pretty fun and there was so much to see as well as lots of books to read in her little chariot.  
Making our way towards Fisherman's Wharf (above) and through Cannery Row(below)...
We drove right past the aquarium and we didn't even stop!  I know shocker!

The weather was incredible!  The sun was splendid!  The tourists were few and far between!
We could see all the way home to Santa Cruz and all the way down to Big Sur...what a gift of a day!
We made it to our turn around spot...Lover's Point...
A snack was enjoyed as well as a few minutes of talking and planning our next ride.

Little miss lost in concentration or planning her next move??
Soon it was time to head back to reality but it was well worth the views on the way home!

Is there anything better in the world than spending the day with the most important people in your life...family.  Even if none of us had of said a word today to each other I would have loved every minute of it, but we talk and we talk a lot and that made the day so much more sweet.    Thank you Michael for a perfect suggestion that has now begun a chain of memories for us all.  

12 comments:

Looks like a perfect day!

What an amazing day!! I love the pics and little J is adorable! Great pictures and I wish I were there with you as well!!!

Christy :)

What a fabulous day you had (and pics to match). I love seeing images of one of my very favorite places in the whole world...northern California!

Love the one of miss J sitting on your hubby's back. Too cute!!! Her expression is so sweet. Daddy looks awfully happy too!

Happy Monday my friend. :)

Funny how the most wonderful days often turn out to be the simplest and most spontaneous. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Looks like and absolutely wonderful weekend. Great pictures I love the one with Cricket on Dad's back :)

Very fun! I really like the picture of Mike and Jennifer. Very cute.

Great photos and looks like a wonderful day..
Love it.
Hugz..

yay! *clap clap clap* you were so close to my 'hood!!! Hope you had a great time!

What a dreamy day! It's so beautiful where you are! Temperatures and still well over 100 degrees here...I would kill for a bike ride along the beach!

Looks like a fun day. I love the last picture. beautiful.

what a little cutie!