11 June 2010

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 16 comments

Our little arty lover

It couldn't be helped that's for sure....eventually she'd give in and give them a try but we didn't expect it for at least another 10 years or so!  But since we eat artichokes at least once a week (that's what you get when you live 5 miles from the artichoke capitol of the world) and every time we do, the cricket sits and stares at us in awe and then finally one night she said "dat" (that).  So I handed her her first leaf....


And then her second....

And I had to stop taking pictures because she just about ate my entire arty!

And now we have to buy an artichoke just for her because she will eat each and every leaf on mine, her dads and her big brothers and if you're over for dinner she'll eat yours too!  Oh and don't try to tell her how to eat them, she knows the fine art of the bite and pull quite well.  Like I said, she'd watched us for so many nights enjoying those delectable bites that she knows exactly what to do!  She's also discovered the art of dipping in garlic butter and has decided that along with the heart would be an added bonus to her new love.   She's an artichoke queen if I ever saw one!

16 comments:

Those cheeks! Those eyes! Those chubby fingers! Oh my word is she precious.

I love it. we love arty's here too but they are a more rare treat so it might be a few years until any little living here catch on, LOL

She is just too precious for words!

OMW..
I need to know how to cook them..
I love them in this salad I get..
Ok. Jennifer is tooo cute..
Hugs..
Love you BIG..

sooo cute. I second Kim, I need to know how to cook them.
Terri

She's got good taste!

Todd and I actually got lost in the artichoke capitol of the world when we were there. We couldn't believe all those artichokes...We were looking for a restaurant but then K's fever spiked so high we gave up and started searching for an ER. That's why we never got to meet :( Little J is so very cute!

¡Que bien que le guste las alcachofas! es muy raro en los niƱos.

That is darling! She is a true Californian! :)

She's so cute with that arty in her mouth...that's awesome that she loves them!

Have spent quite a few days in the artichoke capital of the world! you are so lucky you live where you do...I'm a little jealous. ;)

Excellent taste, Cricket!!! Our girls can mow through an arty like nobody's business. Mmmmmm.

Yum! I actually remember my first artichoke. I was 5 and we were visiting my sister in Washington DC. I LOVED it. Unfortunatly we don't get great artichokes in Idaho but I think I may have to go buy some this week. That just looks SO good.

Yum! I actually remember my first artichoke. I was 5 and we were visiting my sister in Washington DC. I LOVED it. Unfortunatly we don't get great artichokes in Idaho but I think I may have to go buy some this week. That just looks SO good.

mmmmm...lovin' the arty's! Too cute!! :) Good for you Jennifer! ;)

I love artichokes, and I love these pics.

Not fussed on artichokes but do like it cooked on pizza etc... I guess the older I get the more I like them... I am surprised all the foods that Shauna likes... I am always looking for new ideas etc being a rooky mum that I am :)