02 January 2010

Saturday, January 02, 2010 - , 16 comments

Don't forget the tiny details!

For the last 30 days I've been staring into these eyes.

These soulful eyes....



My daughters eyes.

Thirty days ago we received a phone call we'd waited four years to get. Purely amazing!



I will never forget the moment leading up to that call. My sister came by because she just had a "feeling" that the call would come on that day not the next day like I had thought it would be. After chatting for several hours and planning for the next day, the phone rang. We were FAR from ready. No video set up. Mike was in San Francisco. I couldn't even answer the phone, I just stared at it and started bawling and shaking. I remember looking at my sister who was telling me to answer the phone and trying to figure out how to work my camera and then find hers. As I answered the call and heard a voice on the other end tell me we had a daughter I felt arms wrap around me and the rest of the world was gone. Pure joy. Thank you EKH! I love you!! I'm so thankful you stopped by just because you had a feeling. Happy birthday today by the way! ;)

I can't believe it's been 30 days! While the details of that day are fresh in my mind there are other things I want to never forget like what I was reading at the time...The Life of Pi. It was a Wednesday. It was nice day, clear, cold and windy. The first song I heard on the radio after was Caught Up in You by .38 Special then I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth played right after and as I listened to that song I just giggled like a little girl. I had a horrible ear infection and felt awful yet couldn't have felt any better. I called Mike first then my mom and papa, followed by my dad and step mom then Mikes mom who was working and had to be pulled away from a client then I called his dad. We ate dinner at Panda Express that night. I slept all night long for the first time in weeks. The next day couldn't have been any prettier.

The last thirty days have been pure joy and wonderment! As we move forward in our lives for the first time in what feels like forever, we have one thing in mind right now...Baby J.

16 comments:

She is beautiful and those eyes are gorgeous! I can't wait for you to stare into them in person. IT WILL BE INCREDIBLE!!! :)

P.S. I will call you next week when Zoey is taking a nap!! :)

She is such a little sweetheart!

BEAUTIFUL...
I sooo cannot wait for Jennifer to be in your arms..
Love ya girly.
I am here for you no matter what you need..
HUGS>.

You know, when I look at that top picture, I can't help but grin. Such cuteness, it just reaches out and pushes my smile button. :-)

What a sweet baby girl! I can't wait to see you finally holding that bundle of joy! Here's to an awesome year my friend!!!!

Precious one will soon be in your arms forever!! It will be such an amazing experience!

I am feeling like TA will be coming for us soon! Are you in a travel group? We are not we will be by ourselves. That is one draw back about SN's. I pray that we will get to met you there!

: ) Jody

She is just precious - I love that picture...what a wonderful thing to have while you wait - but it does make you want to scoop her out and snuggle her!

Thinking of you on these last few weeks of waiting!

may the NEXT 30 days fly by bringing you closer to the day she's in your arms!

Oh I have goosebumps...
Can't wait to get all those feelings...
Hugs to ya...

What a precious baby and a beautiful post. I have followed your journey for a loong time. Not sure how I found you at the beginning. I have two girls (4 and 7) from China. They bring joy to my life like no other! Can't wait to see her in your arms. Congratulations,
Michele
everydayadventuresofemilyandalyssa.blogspot.com

Oh what a great photo of your little joy! I have been so busy with AG! I have not had time to come by but was just wondering when you are leaving????

What a smile! She is beautiful!

she is so adorable!!!! Any news on TA's? I got my referral on Oct 3rd and I think TA came around the beginning of November...because we traveled the end of November. I think it was like 5 weeks from referral to TA...I would imagine you will hear very soon my friend. LOL my spam word is Colly's...is that like Colleen's????

30 days gone already?! How awesome!! Bring on the travel. The pictures you have of Jennifer are so priceless. The ones with her foster mom are the greatest gift you could have right now. She's an angel. I can't wait for you to meet her so we can hear all about her personality!

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!...so worth the wait! Congratulations on the referral of your adorable daughter...she is just perfect! And an extra congrats on your TA...such a GREAT way to start off the first week of the New Year! :)

Blessings,
~ Tanya