15 January 2009

Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 17 comments

Oh Yeah!

(first day of school 8/13/08 - 8th grade)


Let me tell you that I'm on top of the world right now trying to keep up with my son who is beyond excited about the fact that for the first time EVER he has officially made honor roll. He is like a little kid in a candy store right now! A few of you may remember about a year ago he thought he had made honor roll but was short by a few points. Needless to say he was a wee bit disappointed, but far from discouraged so he has just kept on trying and trying and trying and trying. This time it's for real, confirmed by his counselor. He just about lost it in the office when I told him.

I have to tell you though that he almost didn't get there, but he has this real nag of a mom who kept telling him to do extra credit for EACH AND EVERY CLASS!! Awe mom why??? was the question I had thrown back at me each and every time. My reply back was always....JUST DO IT! Well guess what??? In one class it was the extra credit points that put him over. HA! So make sure you always tell your kids...DO THE EXTRA CREDIT!!!!!

Honor roll for many comes with ease and for some it never happens. Sometimes it is viewed as a status or a curse for children. For Big J it has been a goal. A goal for 4 years now. His struggles with education have been deep and lengthy. He has pushed himself when other kids would say #@%& it! We have supported him and guided him like all parents should and we have always told him we don't care if he makes honor roll, all that matters is that he give 110% in effort and what grades come from that we will be happy with. His effort paid off this time and he is proud of his accomplished goal as are we. I told him today he can mark that goal off his list on move on to another and he said he's gonna keep it there and try again next quarter. :)

To you Jacob....

For so long you have wanted this and now it's literally in your hands. We have always believed in your goals and supported you as much as we could, this will never stop, we will always be here for you. Always. Know that what you put in your head, no one can take out. We are so proud of you and cheer you on!! Congratulations our son, enjoy your accomplishment!

We love you more than all the fish in the sea!

Love Mom and Mike.

17 comments:

Woohooo...congrats to da man!

YEA...
Congratulations ...
You go ...
Have a great evening..

WOOOWHOO Congrats on all your hard work!!!!

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!!

Lisa

So awesometo hear! Congrats to you for excellent parenting.

He deserves it after all these years!

Jody

Yeah congratulations Jacob. I remember the disappointment last year and I'm so happy for your son that he has achieved his goal thru his hardwork and persistence.

Enjoy your triumph!

That's awesome! I remember the only time you could get me to do extra credit work was when I needed it to pass the class. Definitely something to be very proud of. Congratulations Jacob!
-Liz

CONGRATS Jacob. What an accomplishment!!!

That is great! Congrats to him!

Congrats Jacob! A well deserved accomplishment. Be proud of yourself.

Congratulations Jacob! I know this is huge for you!! (& Mom!)

Congrats on working so hard for your goal, proud of you and your accomplishment...

Congratulations, Jacob. As a teacher, I can tell you that I know what a huge accomplishment this is for students. You should feel very proud of yourself. I hope you will enjoy many more semesters on the honor roll.

Congratulations Jacob!! It takes a lot of hard work and perservation to pull this off!

Kayce,

I received your sweet card today. How nice to receive "snail mail" :) Your words of encouragement meant a lot as well. I don't know how you do all you do and still have time to write me a card, thank you!!

We are getting close! I just wish the batch would be so big that you and Steph would be included in mine!

Way to go!!! That's awesome news.

Way to go Jacob!

Woohoo Jacob! I swear, some day you will be driving that Ferrari..or whatever that dream car of yours is!!

Good, good job!