02 November 2008

Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 18 comments

Life and death


Yesterday afternoon we found out that Mike's step-grandmother peacefully passed away. Helen passed away in the arms of her youngest daughter. An immigrant from Scotland, she lived her life of 90 years full and with such passion for her family. Her love of life and addicting spunk will be missed greatly by us all.


If after Kirk ye bide a wee,
There's some would like to speak to ye,
If after Kirk ye rise and flee
We all seem cauld and still to ye.
The one that's in the seat with ye
Is stranger here than ye, maybe.
All here have got their fears and cares,
Add ye your soul unto our prayers,
Be ye our angel unawares.
Scottish Blessing

18 comments:

I am so sorry for you loss.
You are all in my thoughts.

God bless her....

she was beautiful.

I am so sorry you have had a loss.

Lea
xo

Sorry for your loss.

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Oh, I'm so sorry. 90 years is a wonderfully long time to live, but it doesn't take away the pain of losing her. I'm sorry.

So sorry Kayce!

Keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Lisa

I am sorry for your Family's loss.
Hugs..

My deepest sympathies...

Sorry for your families loss. You're in my thoughts.

Im sorry for your loss. What a beautiful woman.

Christy :)

I am so sorry. She had a beautiful smile.
Terri

wow what a beautiful woman! i am so sorry for your loss...

So sorry for your loss, please extend our thoughts and prayers to Mike and family as well. She sounds like she was beautiful and lived a wonderful life.

so sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry. Like many have mentioned already, she's a beautiful woman. Her smile says it all.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a lovely lady!

What a happy, dignified and proud lady she seemed.

Prayers for your family.



A Scots Farewell
When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no tears in a gloom-filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little but not for long
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take
And each must go alone
It's all a part of the master plan
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friend we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds
Miss me ... but let me go.



... with deepest sympathy for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss...my heart is with you.