09 October 2008

Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 15 comments

Light



Could it really be true that ANOTHER batch of referrals is on the way? One day, that's okay I'll take it, it just means we are a day closer. For my family and friends who read along here's the scoop....

The CCAA (Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs) has referred children to those in line who have a log in dates up to February 16th, 2006. We are logged in on March 29, 2006. The finish line is getting closer and closer it seems, I can almost see the tape we are to run through when we get to the checkered flag.

At bedtime last night as I was watching the moon drift in and out of the trees, I was thinking about what things were like for me the last 6 months of my pregnancy with Jacob, what was I thinking and how was I getting through. It was a difficult time in my life and I turned to the Bible for guidance. I would read the Bible constantly, and it helped me deal with the heartache and pain I felt, the unsureness of my future and the future of my unborn child, it relieved me of my worries. So when I was thinking about this last night I realized that I have been relying heavily on the word of God once again. Not that I've ever stopped relying on God's word, but lately it is something I seek constantly.

The light at the end is getting brighter and brighter and I know that soon that light will be in our arms. While this wait has been difficult at times and much has happened in the years that have passed, I know that I have become a better person because of it. Patience and gratitude are my best friends now.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. – Philippians 4:6

15 comments:

Hi Kayce,

I just came from RQ....I can't believe my eyes....do you think it could be true?? I hope that light is shining very bright!!!

We have been on this road so long....anything positive would be such a morale booster for all of us...

Holding a good thought that things are about to change!

Lisa

SCREAM!!!!! I am in total shock! I just counted only 19 days and then it is ME! PANIC.

Could it be possible?

That is my favorite verse.

I'm shocked, confused, happy, excited, nervous.....ya know, typical adoption emotions!

I too am a big fan of daily bible reading. It's the best way to draw close to God. Remember..."Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you..." James 4:8

I think ANYTHING is possible..
Hugs..
Let's all hope ..
Hugs girly..

This is truly exciting. One day at a time we are slowly getting closer to our babies!

I'm so happy that you are closer - even if it is by one day.

And in all honesty I can identify so closely with the verse you quoted at the end of you post. I've seen a lot of very specific prayers and anxieties answered recently. I hope that will be true for you too over the 'home stretch' of your wait.

I love this post Kayce! I can't beleive its getting so close for you and the closer the harder for sure! I love to hear where you turn, you have encouraged me to get my bottom back in there!! Well, my heart anyway.

It is going to be so fantastic to follow your journey in China! I can't wait too!!

Shine brightly, sweet light. Shine brightly.

I too have been increasingly drawn to God's word. I feel I am stepping each day in faith toward Lauren and each day He tells me "This is the way, walk ye in it"
I love the scripture you posted! In the MMA gym where Dan and I work out one of our fighter's is a Christian and he just had shirts made up with Philippians 4:16 on it. I plan to buy one because it says just what I am needing right now! :)

Mardi

Patience is something we learn quite quickly going through International adoption.
Believe me the closer you get the harder it seems, the anxiety, the roller coaster of emotions. I am glad your finding your strength..
Hugs..

I am glad you are finding some strength through this long, long, wait.

I think of you so often! Your card is sitting right here.

Love you friend.

Lea

Maybe more referrals will keep coming - you are closer. Hoping for March 2006 to get here soon!

Yes, no need to worry when you have God to do that for you!

Alyson
Celebrating 24 days as Alyzabeth's Mommy!
Travel to China 09/11/08
Referral Day 08/12/08

Hi! I am catching up on your blog. I love that verse & I am going post it on my work wall. Thanks! Terri