05 October 2008

Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 17 comments

I'm Tired...

...I think I'll go home now. - Forest Gump

This will be a short post due to the fact that I'm exhausted, but hey that's okay.

So our trip was fab! Besides being in one of California's greatest state parks, we were there for Morro Bay's annual Harbor Festival AND we got to spend a few hours with a fellow adoptive mom and blogger Paulette and her daughter Annalise. It was so fun spending time with the two of them and getting travel advice, sharing parenting stories and just plain talking. On a red thread note here...we made these reservations to camp here 7 months ago and it just so happened that Paulette and Annalise were in the area at the same time. Love those moments!

We got sprinkled with rain on Saturday, but still got out for a long walk with the girls and by the time we took the trolly to the festival the sun. This trip was a bit of a change for us since I didn't plan any meals, well actually I did plan meals...OUT! We ate at some fabulous restaurants one of which was outside dinning at the harbor with a cat that walked all around the tables saying hi. The restaurant was across the road from the campground, so by the time we finished dinner is very dark and the stars led us back to the trailer. We also had some coffee and yummy treats at a cute bakery called Sun-n-Buns, which is funny since we call Summit Sunbuns.

Click to play Morro Bay 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


When we came home we could see that the rain we had on Saturday was also here and has washed the yard clean and stripped our Japanese Maples of some leaves. Both Mike and I commented that this will be the last time the trees will shed without Jennifer being her to witness it's beauty. God is good!

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

~George Cooper

17 comments:

What a fun time! How perfect it looked with you holding Annalise's hand.... I could only imagine you holding Jennifer's.

SOON, my friend.... SOON!

HOW FUN!!!!
You have got to meet up with some AMAZING ladies...
Love your pictures...
Have a Great Week...
Hugs..

SO cool that you got to meet up with more blogger friends! Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

It was great to meet you and your family. I can't wait for the day we are shlupping 2 strollers and 2 toddlers around. We will deffenetly turn sum heads then won't we.

Oh YEAH, love that last paragraph! Have the BEST week!

lea
xo

Sounds like a terrific weekend!

The pictures were fantastic...what a beautiful place!

Have a good week!

Lisa

what awesome pictures - looks beautiful!!!
I LOVE my Pug post-its!
You are the very best - thank you so much for thinking of me - from the bottom of my heart.
XOXOXO

I just love going on vacations with you (through your beautiful pictures that is!) Thanks for your call last night...we are always thankful when our family is home safe and sound...loved the poem...love you more! xoxox,me

Sounds like you had a ton of fun... you can't beat a good getaway or vacation... whoops... did I say that... when is my next vaca??? My bags are permanently packed... hehe... take care...

What a wonderful time, the photos were fantastic, the seal was adorable!!
I noticed the trolley's name, the Molly 111, that is just too cool.

What a fun time!!! I love Morro bay and would love to go there again-- it has been years and years. See if you move back down here you can still go visit all those beautiful places!!! Anyway, looks like a wonderful time and you have been busy-- relax and enjoy!! By the way, I can mail you a pinafore and you can make a pattern or maybe on Wednesday I will ask my mother in law if she can make one or draw one that I can mail you. Ill let you know :)

Christy :)

I loved your slide show! The Central Coast is one of my favorite places to visit. Cambria is a great town for a romantic weekend.

Very cool that you got to see Paulette and Annalise! I'm jealous!!!

Looks great, did the dogs get any ice cream then..?

Wow, what an amazing place! It looks like, yet again, you have made many amazing memories.

Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday card! It meant so much to me. You are such a good friend, I can hardly believe we haven't met in person yet! :)

What a great place to be able to camp!!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to say that this will be your last fall without Lauren??!!

What a beautiful area! Vacations are great but they sure are exhausting.

I really appreciate your comments. It keeps me writing! How's your wait? To be honest don't know much about adoptions other than Ethiopia, are you getting closer?