01 September 2008

Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4 comments

Monday Barefoot Reading Adventures



It's Monday already and time for another great story, I Took the Moon for a Walk, the adventure of a young boy who travels through the night with the moon.

The story is a magical rhyme by Carolyn Curtis, that leads you through detailed illustrations by Alison Jay. In our family we love to lay under the moon and stars while camping and imagine what goes on in the sky above. This book will entice you to take an adventure outside one night to admire the moon above and the nightlife around you. Maybe you got to see the eclipse that was visible throughout most of South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia on August 16th. Or you'll be out enjoying the full moon on September 15th. The end of the book is filled with educational information about the moon and it's phases and also talks about what animals and plants are doing at night.



I Took the Moon for a Walk
is available in hardcover for ($16.99) or a large format board book version for ($14.99). It is good for read alone readers aged 4-7 and read together ages birth-4.



I hoped you enjoyed this weeks barefoot adventure into I Took the Moon for a Walk. To order this book and others, please stop by my store or contact me at barefootkayce@comcast.net
Next week we will run barefoot through the award winning book, Animal Boogie! There will also be a give away, the first of many to come! See you then.

4 comments:

This one sounds really good. I happen to have a thing about the moon, always have.

I just have to say that these books you're selling look simply adorable. As soon as I know I'll have a little one to share them with, I'll place an order!

Love the illustrations in this one. Especially the dogs howling at the moon. I'm going to be placing an order at Christmas time, that's for sure? How long does shipping take?

Sounds like a really cute book..
Have a Great Week girly..
Hugs..