09 June 2008

Monday, June 09, 2008 - ,, 14 comments

We got the call!!!

OMG I can't believe I'm writing this! We are so excited to share with you the referral of our newest dogter.

Name: Summitt (not sure of her middle name yet)
Birthdate: April 27, 2007 My grandmother's birthday! She's just 14 months old!!!
Foster home: Lockwood CA

She has beautiful black and white hair and lots of freckles! Her foster mother says: "She is the sweetest thing ever and loves to cuddle. She has a wonderful disposition and is happy playing with her foster sisters and brothers. She will be a wonderful addition to your family, you are so lucky."


No pictures as of yet, as soon as we get one I'll post it.

Our travel approval came today as well!!! We leave approx. 11am on Wednesday June 11th and are due to return home the same day, around 6pm!

Okay....I hope you all know what is going on! hehe! Here's the back story....

We started thinking about adopting a rescue a while back but we just weren't sure when we would do it and we definitely didn't think we would be ready so soon after loosing Molly. Since Ella has been so lonely and sad, we knew we would need to do this sooner than later, so a little over a week ago we filled out an application with a rescue agency and waited. We were told to expect a week wait until we got our first phone interview. Let me tell you all that filling out the application was JUST LIKE putting together a dossier. We were told to expect phone interviews, a home study and to have references. OMG!

Well after waiting 8 days we got our phone interview last night at 8:30 and it lasted about an hour and were then told we would be matched in the next few months. FEW MONTHS!! Hell we can wait a few months we thought, gee we've waited almost 27 for lil-J! Well, we were checking out the "waiting dog" list this afternoon and decided to request information on a little boy 400 miles away. We went to email the foster family when we saw an email from someone regarding a little girl named Summitt.

It was a sign.

We immediately called the foster mom only to find out that this situation was not normal and this NEVER happens this fast but that the agency and she felt this was a perfect match. TEARS! Summitt hasn't even been posted on the "waiting" list yet. After talking with her foster mom, it sounds as though this is the perfect match and HELLO, today is referral day for the China referrals! FREAKY!!!

SO sight unseen we are bringing home our girl on Wednesday as long as all goes well. It feels so strange to be making this choice so soon after our recent loss, but yet it seems like Molly is playing a part in this as well. Summitt is currently in foster care approx. 50 miles from Big Sur. Tears. We can't wait to take Summitt with us to scatter Molly's ashes in the fall.

We also want to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the families who are seeing their daughters faces for the first time today. We celebrate with you!

14 comments:

Oh Kayce-That is amazing news!!! SO happy for all of you! Will she be coming on the camping trip? If so, can't wait to meet her!

P.S. You got me with the title of that post. My heart stopped for a few seconds there! Thankfully it started back up again when I kept on reading. :)

That's brilliant. I'm so happy for you all - and especially Ella who really sounded as if she was lost without her companion. Can't wait to see the photographs of your new family member :) Have a safe journey.

Yea! That was quick!!!!! Wish all referrals worked that way!! :) Happy days ahead!

Ok, it took me like half way down this post to realize you were talking about a dog! Congrats!

Kayce.. you are so funny! Love the whole China adoption trip!!! I am so happy for you! This pup sounds like she was meant to be!!! Can't wait for pictures!

Oh, LOVE the music!!!

Meant to be!!! I am so happy for you and your family. Can not wait for pics!!!

Keep smilin!

Congratulations and good luck with the integration effort. We are in the midst ourselves...xo

You know how you laugh out loud a little but it's choked with tears? I just did that :o)

You just freaked me out. I thought maybe you had chosen a waiting child or something....I don't know what I was thinking.

Congrats on the newest member of your family!

hehe..you were just dying to write that "we got the call" post eh? :) I'm so happy for you!!! She's beautiful and I'm sure your other pup will welcome her company. I too thing Molly is playing part in all this. :) love ya,

lucky puppy :-)

terri(daisybox)

I think this is just what your family needs. Can't wait to see some pics when she comes home.

You had me going there! Psych!

Congratulations on your new family member. She's a cutie!!!

What great news... but I will say one thing... for a second there I thought you were talking about an actual 'referral'... I was a tad confused... hey, it has been a long day... take care