09 June 2008

Monday, June 09, 2008 - 8 comments

New Music Monday

***NOTE*** You will notice this week that there is a new music player to your left. Now you can hit pause the next time you visit the site if you don't want to hear the song again! Cool site by the way for songs and playlists! Okay on to NMM...


I want to start this off by saying HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the dads out there! Especially to my dad and my papa and of course to my wonderful husband. I know it's in a few days, but I wanted to make sure all the great dads know just how much they are appreciated. I also want to dedicate this post, mostly the song, to a friend who just found out he's going to have a son. A....you are going to be a great dad! This one's for you!!


Danny's Song
was written by Kenny Loggins who first earned success with a group of songs recorded by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Loggins was recording his first solo album when he met Jim Messina, formerly of Poco and Buffalo Springfield, who was working as an independent contract record producer for Columbia Records at the time. Messina decided to produce Loggins debut album. By the time it was completed, Messina had contributed so much to the album, both instrumentally and vocally, that an accidental duo was born. Loggins and Messina released their first album; Kenny Loggins with Jim Messina Sittin' In in January 1972 in which Danny's Song was on.

Loggins began playing guitar and writing songs in the seventh grade and wrote Danny's Song while in high school for his brother, Dan Loggins who had just had a son, Colin. He also wrote House at Pooh Corner for his nephew as well. While Danny's Song never made the singles charts under Loggins and Messina, it did when released by Anne Murray. Anne Murray's version of Danny's Song became a chart hit in March 1973 reaching number 1 under Adult Contemporary, number 7 under Pop Singles and number 10 in the country charts.

And completely not related to the song, BUT a bit of INTERESTING info on Kenny...He married his second wife in a nudist ceremony. Alrighty then....

For me this song gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.
The lyrics are beautiful...

People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one,
And we've only just begun.
Think I'm gonna have a son.
He will be like she and me, as free as a dove,
Conceived in love.
Sun is gonna shine above.

(Chorus)
And even though we ain't got money,
I'm so in love with you, honey,
And everything will bring a chain of love.
And in the morning, when I rise,
You bring a tear of joy to my eyes
And tell me everything is gonna be alright.

Seems as though, a month ago, I was Beta-Chi,
Never got high.
Oh, I was a sorry guy.
And now, I smile and face the girl that shares my name.
Now I'm through with the game.
This boy will never be the same.

Chorus

Pisces, Virgo rising is a very good sign,
Strong and kind,
And the little boy is mine.
Now I see a family where the once was none.
Now we've just begun.
Yeah, we're gonna fly to the sun.

Chorus

Love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup.
Drink it up.
Love her and she'll bring you luck.
And if you find she helps your mind, better take her home.
Don't you live alone.
Try to earn what lovers own.

Chorus

Have a wonderful week. Have a wonderful Father's Day to all you dads out there! See you next week for a song that will take you back to your 80's big hair roots!

8 comments:

Love this tune!

Oh dear, a nudist, second wedding! Nobody wanted to see me nude at my SECOND wedding! LOL! By the time I got there things were not good!

Have a good Monday. Love this Monday post of yours!

Lea
xo

Kayce, if you find time could you drop me a line at jaskew@sympatico.ca.
Need some advice and a shoulder...

love the song. what a cute idea to do on Mondays. I will be checking in.
have a great week and happy fathers day to your group.

I Love, love, love Kenny Loggins(and this song). I love New Music Mondays! Cool idea!

12 more days.......:)

"Now I see a family where there once was none. Now we've just begun"....what great lyrics. Feel the love! One of my favorite Kenny Loggins' songs. Thanks for this song and thanks for the walk and support this morning. Love ya lots!

LOVE this song...
Great choice.
Have a Great Week..
I can't wait for the bib..
I am sooooo excited..I know it will be Isabella's favorite..
HUGS..
Thank you sooo much.

Many years ago, I put together a video of several years of pics of our son and this was the song I used! I really love this song!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!