29 May 2008

Thursday, May 29, 2008 - , 15 comments

Still on the path


Today marks our 26th month of waiting for our child. Well 26 months of waiting since we officially became "pregnant" with a child from China. Never in our minds did we ever think we'd be here today, May 29, 2008 and still be without. But in the last 26 months so much has changed, good change and maybe some bad, but mostly positive steps forward in our lives. The biggest step for me has been patience, with any adoption you learn patience. I've never been one to be patient. But now I am, it's calming. When I was told, "...adoption is not for the faint of heart.", I found that slightly hard to believe, but now...yeah, your heart must be as strong as steel.

We started this adoption thinking it was our plan A, and if a plan B came along we'd look into it. Recently a plan B did come along and the excitement was palpable. The emotions were exaggerated. The heart was not like steel. When plan B was taken away rather suddenly, the covers slipped away. The silence was so loud. And the heart was broken. Several weeks passed before I realized that this "plan B" that came along really wasn't plan B, but plan A. Our adoption journey to our child in China IS our plan B. Our child is not coming from somewhere or someone else, our child is coming from China. Always has been, always will be.

So as we celebrate our 26th month of this journey, I am reminded of what I've learned, patience. And I will wait until our child is in our arms. Forever.

15 comments:

As someone who waited 6 months (and was a pain in the ass about it) I can't even imageine what you are going through...Hang in there.
I love tha path. we are going camping there in June...

As someone who waited 6 months (and was a pain in the ass about it) I can't even imageine what you are going through...Hang in there.
I love tha path. we are going camping there in June...

Your strength inspires and I'm continuing to hang in with you.

That is a beautiful photo.

26 done!

That is a lesson I too have learnt...patience...a new lesson learnt.

Keep smilin!

Hey, I recognize that path. Counting the days until I can walk it again. I'll walk along with you until we both have our daughters to walk along beside us.

Wow. I totally zoned out this month. I guess that's good in a way. 26 down.... glad to hear you are doing so well as you wait for Jennifer.

Adoption bring many gifts beyond the gift of our children. Like you, I learned a lot of very necessary lessons - and a lot about myself - while I was waiting. I know I am a better mother because of this.

Having said that - I hope your wait is over soon :)

beautifully said...

Someday when we have our daughters in our arms, this long road will all make sense.

I'm still there walking with you, too. Hang in there.

Patience is putting it mildly. We'll get there, someday.

We made it to 26! Thanks for the sweet message on my blog. Right now I envision Molly proudly guiding Niko kitty to the Big Sur in the sky so that Niko can have all the fish she wants. :-)

Throw all plans out the window and go by the seat of your pants... worry about it when it nears... take care

You have such a great outlook. Here's to 26!

Throwing the whole "plan" concept out the window - and now trying to focus on the present! xo

You are an inspiration....none of us are going to recognize ourselves by the time we get our referrals.