17 March 2008

Monday, March 17, 2008 - 19 comments

Checking in and checking out

We had a great weekend, which is good because I've got the week of non stop craziness happening this week. This last week has been such an emotional ride and I'm looking forward to the week ahead.

Molly is doing really well. Her meds have perked her up a bit and she's gotten her appetite back, thank God. It might also be because my sweet husband now feeds her anything she wants. If he's having a PB&J, so is Molly. I made buttermilk pancakes on Saturday morning, well guess who loves those! Yes, she's eating like a queen, but she so deserves it!

We went to the beach everyday this weekend and just sat and sifted through our emotions. Our long walks are out for the time being, Molly just doesn't have the energy to go more than a couple hundred feet before she wants to just lay down and contemplate life. Saturday we got caught in a big down pour and by the time we made it to the car we were all soaking wet. After we dried off and napped for a while, we took the girls to Pet*Smart for a treat. Bliss.

After church yesterday all of us fell asleep in the sunshine for a few hours before we headed down to the beach again. Ella and I went for a nice long walk, while Mike and Molly chilled.

Among the other things we have planned this week, I'm getting us ready for our week long camping trip. Yesterday we started getting everything packed and ready, Molly is so excited!! We are spending 4 days at Lake Lopez then on to Big Sur for 3 more days before we head home. All of this spent with my best friend!! Man is it next Monday yet??

This weekend Jacob is being baptized. The baptism is on Saturday night and to say we are excited is an understatement. All of our friends and family will be there and being baptized this time of year will be so magical. Sunday of course is Easter, but it's also my best friends birthday and we will be together for it! I've got lots to do to get ready, all while loving my baby girl.

So with all that babbling said....I'm gonna take a little blogger break and check out for awhile. I feel I'm a little too down right now to post. Thank you each and everyone of you for your prayers. You have no idea how much it means to us here. My husband who isn't too fond of my blogging, is so touched. He says thank you. And I say I love you all!!!

19 comments:

Have a great time and take care of yourselves.

awww, kayce. It is such a bittersweet time. I know what you mean about needed to take a break. I am just so glad that you have such great, fun things coming up. That camping sounds like a dream! My 'B' people were both baptised on Easter days. It is the most special time. You all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Just from the photos and from your words and feelings, I really love that Molly too!!! I really also hope that you will find the words to continue to describe this time when you get back because I think it is not only theraputic for you but also such a gift to all your readers. God Bless!!

I'll miss reading your blog while you take your break, but I understand the need to do it. You must be so proud of Jacob for making such positive choices in his life. He seems like such a sweet kid! We'll all be thinking about you and your family!

Hello , I am Kristy and I found you on Pugmama's blog, I just wanted you to know that you, your husband, Molly and the little one are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Kristy

I am sitting here crying contemplating your Molly and her battle. I am so sorry, so sorry.
I wish time could stand still for your family, my prayers are going out to you all.
A big hug for Molly and you.
So sorry.....

That is a great photo of your hubby and Molly. Enjoy every moment of your camping trip with your family. We took our Scottie hiking with us before she got sick and passed on and they are such fun memories. Here's a little bit from a dog poem I like:

A Four-Legged Friend

You come to me a blessing I know
Lent to me from above
To teach me to soft a kind
And giving of all mankind
How I look in those bright brown eyes
my hearts melts or so sweet and kind
I treasure you know..

What great news about Jacob! That is so exciting and the most awesome decision for him to make in his life. Congrats to your family and Happy Easter!

Congratulations Jacob! Your heart will swell bigger than you ever thought possible. Take care of your mom and dad. Their hearts will almost explode. Enjoy your vacation.

Go and enjoy your family. Live life and take time for you.

We will be here for you. Anytime.

Keep smilin!

I keep check in on you. Again, I am so sorry for your pain right now.

Lea

Take the time you need. Treasure life. You and yours remain in my thoughts and prayers.

You will be missed... enjoy your break. Hugs to Molly! Thoughts and prayers to you all.

Lisa

BIG HUG.

Terri(daisybox)

I am so sorry. I am glad that you are able to get away and spend some precious time all together.

My prayers are with you and your family. I don't know what else to say, but that I'm so sorry. I sometimes lay next to my Bailey and cannot imagine the day she won't be with us. May God give you comfort during this time. I'm glad to hear Molly is enjoying her pancakes :)

Well I love you right back. Enjoy your break and camping, and congrats to Jacob, that is awesome-!

Big scratch on the back to ya Molly... enjoy sweet puppy dog oh - also hope that your bloggy break is doing you all well... my hubby teases me about 'blogging' but this is my thing instead of journals... take care

Have fun on your trip!! I am glad you guys are able to get away and relax and contimplate a bit. It is a well needed break-- enjoy and I will continue praying for you guys.

Chrisyt :)

Oh Kayce, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you guys. Let me know if we can help.

I am just checking in with more hugs.
Terri(daisybox)