03 July 2007

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 9 comments

Staying Alive, Staying Alive

Hey there world! Just wanted to check in and say hi! Things are good here and warm! We are having the most incredible weather in the Bay Area and let me tell you we are enjoying it.

There has been lots happening, but still haven't felt like blogging much so I'll just fill in the blanks.

We've reached the 15 month mark in our adoption wait and now with the latest batch of referrals coming out it looks like the wait will go to 20 to 21 months. Joy Joy!
Do you hear the sigh??

My sister and nephew are still with us. Joy Joy! Do you hear the ice clinking?

We just got back from So Cal where we had a FABULOUS time and also had to drop Jake off at his grandparents for the week. I cried! But he is on his way home as I type! While in So Cal we stayed with our dearest friends and just enjoyed the heck out of their three kidos. We also went out to lunch on 6/29 (our LIDversary) and ran into
  • Sweet Mia
  • and her mom which was a special treat! The funny thing about this run in, was the person that Christy was with...a long lost friend of mine from elementary school, what are the chances! Life is sooooo spectacular and the 6 degrees of separation is AMAZING!! Seeing Mia on the 29th was enough to make the whole adoption wait manageable, then seeing Lailas face was icing on the top!

    This last weekend was full of very strange "China" things too, from weather reports to the most incredible fortunes from PF Chang's. Both Mike and I have marked the last few days on the calendar as significant days to remember, could Jenny have been born last weekend? We were also given a little glimmer of hope at meeting
  • Christy and Mia
  • and knowing what Christy went through to get Mia. Her referral didn't come when it was supposed to, you may have read her story on RQ. Anyway, Mike and I walked away from that chance meeting knowing that our adoption will happen. When the time is right. Now we are both ready to take on the next 6 months or however long it will take, together and reassured.

    Life is so sweet.

    Happy Fourth to everyone!!

    9 comments:

    Congrats on 15 months! I hope you have your baby soon for all of our sakes. Enjoy the 4th!!!

    At least 15 is behind you now.

    Happy 4th to you and yours!

    Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking! Hey, we are planning a trip up your way in a few weeks. I hope we can get together. I'll e-mail you privately with details. Hope you are enjoying your break!

    Happy 15 months LID-iversary and happy 4th to you!

    It is good to hear from you. YES you will get your daughter. :-)

    You can do it! Hang in there. I'm glad you had a a great time in my home state! Come back and let's connect. :)

    Shell

    Great to hear from you! Hang in and Happy 15!

    Keep smilin!

    That little Mia is a cute-tee! Isn't awesome when life sends you unexpected gifts like that. Talking about the 6 degrees thing...when I was in Bethlehem, Israel in 1992 visiting Todd during a deployment...I literally ran into my old next door neighbor and her kids that I used to babysit in an open market. Now what are the odds we'd all be there - not only in the same country - but the same exact market at that moment?!?!

    I liked that 6 degrees show, I don't know why it got cancelled :)

    Good to hear from you! I've noticed we all have gone away from our frenzied blogging for awhile. A break is good. Glad to hear all is well with you and your family. I'm having a wonderful summer as well.

    Take Care!! :)