05 October 2011

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 5 comments

{God Is} An Artist!

For the last week I've been walking around everywhere looking at everything and saying, "God is....this or that".  I've found myself mesmerized by each vision I have taken in.  I've really been focusing on everything around me.  The good and the bad.  Even the ugly has been full of His beauty.  Then there are moments where I'm awe struck by His artwork and they leave me humbled to appreciate the exquisiteness and the unpleasantness in life .  Awe struck!
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.  Isaiah 6:3b

The last week we've had amazing sunsets!  Amazing!!  One of those nights we'd gone down to the beach to run off some toddler energy before dinner and bed and of course my hubby asked me if I was going to take the camera...we went back and forth about bringing it and as usual I fret because I really don't want to take it on the sand and this time he said you might miss a God Is moment...I ended up leaving it behind.  Fast forward a few minutes and we're now on the sand and I'm full of regret.  My dear love knew I wanted it and after a few minutes he turned towards the car and went home to grab my camera and our "few minutes" at the beach turned into more than an hour of watching God paint the most incredible picture in the sky!  (Again....THANK YOU Michael for what you did.)
Can you compare God to anything?  Can you compare him to an image of anything?  
Isaiah 40:18 NCV

As the sun began to set I was struck by how little I really am in the whole scheme of things.  I can capture a picture with a click but He has the entire world as his canvas and that night He used the sky in front of me to paint a picture of sheer awe.  God Is....an artist!  God is untamed!   We are all individual masterpieces in His vision and I feel so humbled when He reminds me of this.   As was said by our pastor last Sunday on our first day of the God Is series..."The untamed, wildly powerful, perfect, and forgiving God sets me free!"  Amen for that!!



5 comments:

Kayce,
LOVE LOVE LOVE this! am so happy to be apart of it. Cant wait to read everyone's thoughts. What a ministry.

Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm just so grateful that we are able to experience such beauty and acutally take the time to truly enjoy it.

Erika B

Amazing images Kayce!!! So glad your hubby went back for the camera :))

Happy Wednesday!!!

Xoxo,

Lisa

Beautiful! The earth is full of His glory. I'm so glad you have a passion for the Lord and that you boldly share it. :)

Honestly! He is such a brilliant artist. What a beautiful series. I am so glad you were able to capture this artwork Kayce! Just amazing.