09 April 2011

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 7 comments

Sharing moments together

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
There is nothing but joy that fills my heart when I see these two girls together.  With each passing play date in the park or walk along the shore or in the forest, their friendship grows stronger.  They look out for each other.  They share moments of bonding between the two of them that us mommies have no understanding of.  I smile at it.  I tear up at it.  I am awed by it because they once shared more intimate surroundings than this heaven they live in now.  The moments they shared in China are far from what they share now that is for sure!  I love watching them grow together in not only their own beings but also in their friendship.  Zoey and her mommy shared more pictures from our fun day together too which you must check out!  :)  



7 comments:

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything. The girls, the quote, ....everything! :)

CUTENESS..
Love it..
You are both sooo blessed to have each sooo close..
Love ya..

I love the quote you have included with such a perfectly fitting time with friends! It's just amazing to see God's amazing hand in bringing such special girls from a remote area in China to sunny California where they can play together and form such a special bond! Just awesome! Hapy Spring!

they are adorable together!

lea
xo

PS. Looks like the 16 birthday was great!

Love that poem, and it is so appropriate for the photos. May your girls always share a beautiful friendship.

Blessed and beautiful.
terri

What a precious friendship that they share! I hope it will last a lifetime. Grace has a dear friend (Julia) that she has known from their time together in their SWI. We encourage and nurture that relationship.

hugs...

And these pictures are so sweet!!!