24 March 2009

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 27 comments

Enjoying a little party time!

There's a party going on folks and if you know me, I love a good party! So here I am throwing myself into the Ultimate Blog Party 2009...a bit late...

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

If this is your first time stopping by Stories Of Life In The Middle Of Adoption, let me introduce ourselves...




I'm Kayce, a busy mom and wife who holds down a few jobs, one as a part time office clerk at our local junior high school and the other being the owner/operator of a house cleaning business, and...I am a stall holder with Barefoot Books where I sell children's books through my website, house parties, fundraisers and local events.

When I'm not working for someone else, I'm working for my family by being available to our teenage children at all times. I have two children, Holly who is 17 and is my step-daughter and my son, Jacob who will be 14 next week. My husband Mike and I are expecting our first child together through the wonderful world of international adoption. Currently we have waited 35 months for our daughter form China and are praying to see her face for the first time by years end. These next few months should be filled with so much joy and wonderment, we are very excited!

In our life we tend to enjoy the most of every moment and adventure for us is an everyday word. We love to spend time together and are frequently out and about in our travel trailer camping the state. We have two BEAUTIFUL English Springer Spaniels who are more spoiled than our children and go on all of our camping trips with us. Besides being passionate about the camping life, we also love movies, long walks on our beach, home remodeling, reading, card games, natural health, organic eating and most of all music.

Thanks for stopping by! I've been having fun stopping by other partygoers blogs and seeing more of what's out in the wild world of the internet! Good times! Oh I guess I'm supposed to say something about the prizes...HELLO they are incredible and there are so many great ones out there, I would love them all! But I'll go ahead and pick a few JUST incase I'm lucky.

# 52 - A $25 gift certificate to Ju Ju Beane Boutique
# 5 — Core Fitness for Mom DVD from Moms into Fitness
# 9 — Child’s Crayon Apron with Crayons from Kennedy Grace Boutique
# 21 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores from Agoosa

I could go on and on with my wishes of prizes of my desire...

27 comments:

Hey, just stopping over from the UBP. What a beautiful blog you have. My husband and I would love to adopt a baby someday (when we can afford it) from eastern Asia. I can't imagine how much you have been through and am excited to explore your blog some more!

Hey there... imagine seeing you here.. gotta find this whole UBP fun...
Let's hope that it isn't that much longer for our turn to happen... fingers crossed..
Sorry it has been a while since visiting... things here have been somewhat crazy of late... hugs to ya...

Hello!
Just stopping by while party hopping. You have a nice blog here. Good luck with the adoption process and I hope you will not have to wait too long until you meet your daughter!

Just stopping by to party with you. Have a great week.

Nice party. Hope you can come visit. Good luck with the adoption.

party

Thanks for stopping by today. Congrats on your new adoption adventure :)

Stopping by from the UBP! Your post really touches my heart and i hope you do get to have your daughter home by this year's end!

Huggs!

I'm excited to see a face I already know! And y'all better receive a referral soon... otherwise ours will take FOREVER. LOL.

Wow - you have such a blessed life and still so much to look forward to! My heart started racing for you when I thought about you seeing your precious new child for the first time. I'm praying for you and wishing for a quick homecoming.

All the best - and happy partying!

Jamie
http://savinginstyle.blogspot.com/search/label/Ultimate%20Blog%20Party

Hi there, I’m stopping by from the UBP. It’s nice to meet you!
I’m having a giveaway on my blog- if you want to check it out! annejensenfamily.blogspot.com

Just wanted to check up on you!! LOVE the cute shots of your childhood and friend! So sweet!!

Hi, Kayce. What a special blog you have! I hope you get to be with your beautiful new daughter soon.

I arrived here through the Ultimate Blogging Party.

I'm also blog partying. Your family is beautiful! I'll bet it's crazy raising a teen daughter...mine is almost three and I am dreading the day... lol.

Stopping by to say hello from the UBP!

HI! The big wheel/trike photo is hysterical. Terri

Wow, I have to admit that I didn't realize international adoption took THAT long...36 months, oh my! I too hope you have your daughter by year's end!

If you have a spare moment between all of our jobs, you're welcome to stop by my blog at growingsage.wordpress.com. I write about green living, faith, family, and other stuff.

Hope you enjoy the party!

Just coming over from the party! It is nice to meet you!

I pray your adoption goes well!

Hope you'll come visit me.
Beth

I was so touched by your blog. I am so glad that I found it through my FIRST ever Blog Party. I hope you will stop by my blog for a visit.

Though I am
new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends.

I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.

From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use.

I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes . They will be the $100 deluxe size.

I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!
Teresa

Party hopping and I found your super cute blog! I am following you now. Come visit us when you get a chance.

http://thesnailstrail.blogspot.com/

i'm not sure what this is, but it was cool to read a recap of YOU :O)

Thanks for stoppin by my site TwoHeartsTogether. I love your site as well, so neat to hear your thoughts
Have a good rest of your week at the blog party

Thanks for coming to my party! I have a friend who recently adopted a little girl from China and blogs about it at The Gang's All Here.

BTW, I am not very happy with Google that the word verification for this comment is "loser"!

Hi! Party hopping. Stop in for a visit.

The UBP has been fun, hasn't it?! This is the first blog party I've ever taken part in...can't wait for next year's!

You mentioned going to a Joyce Meyer conference in a later post...is she a speaker in this year's Women of Joy conferences line-up? The Women of Joy is coming up in our area in about three weeks and I'll be going (so, I shouldn't be admitting here that I'm not even sure who the featured speakers are! I know one is Pricilla Shirer--I really like her a lot...)...

Anyway, I am rambling! Comes from blog surfing so late at night that my eyes are beginning to cross!

Hello! Stopping in after the great "Kimberley" shower for Sophia. I recognize your photo!!
Happy Blog party!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Hi Kayce,

First timer here, shame on me. You were sweet enough to send me a quilt square for my quilt square shower (through Kimberley) last June while we were waiting to travel for our 2nd daughter.

Anyway, I'm Kelly (aka Truly Blessed) and I was the one taking photos of Kimberley opening all of the gifts today at her shower. That was such fun, and what a fun way to have a cyber shower. I'm glad I was able to be part of it (of course, living close to the shower-ee helps greatly!).

So, I'll go and check out your blog now. Just wanted to say "hi!"

Kelly

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.