16 June 2008

Monday, June 16, 2008 - 2 comments

New Music Monday

Oh boy is this one of my favorite songs! Well my list of favorites is about 2.5 million but this one gets me smiling every time and gets my memory reversed to my younger days. Not only is this a fav of mine, but IT WILL get you motivated! We've got the song on video format this week...check out the hair, clothes and the low budget video production. Oh how I wish life was still that simple.

Kids in America
was written by Mary Wilde father of the performing artist Kim Wilde. The song was released in January 1981 and was an immediate hit, peaking at number two on the UK singles chart, and repeating that success all around the world. The following year it became a Top 30 hit in the US. In song doesn't make you want to put on your bobby socks with your white pumps I don't know what would! For a girl from England, she sure can sing about America, although I don't think she's ever been to East California...



Looking out a dirty old window
Down below the cars in the
City go rushing by
I sit here alone
And I wonder why

Friday night and everyones moving
I can fell the heat
But its shooting
Heading down
I search for the beat in this dirty town

Down town the young ones are going
Down town the young ones are growing

Chorus :

Were the kids in America (x 2)
Everybody live for the music-go-round

Bright lights the music gets faster
Look boy, don't check on your watch
Not another glance
Im not leaving now, honey not a chance

Hot-shot, give me no problems
Much later baby you'll be saying never mind
You know life is cruel, life is never kind

Kind hearts don't make a new story
Kind hearts don't grab any glory

Ch.

Come closer, honey thats better
Got to get a brand new experience
Feeling right
Oh don't try to stop baby
Hold me tight

Outside a new day is dawning
Outside sububias sprawling everywhere
I don't want to go baby
New York to east California
Theres a new wave coming I warn you

Ch.

Were the kids
Were the kids
Were the kids in America

In recent years Kim Wilde has released a new album
Never Say Never
which includes eight tracks plus five completely re-worked previous hits of hers and charted well in Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. She still holds the record for being the most-charted British solo female act of the 1980s.
So get up, crimp your hair, pull out your best mini and dance baby! Because we are the Kids of America!!!

2 comments:

Great Song..
Have a Great Week..
THANK YOU ..
Check out my blog for some more thanks.
HUGS..

I remember this song!