26 March 2007

Monday, March 26, 2007 - 7 comments

Meal Planning. A first!!

I'm trying something new this week with food, grocery shopping and trying to save money. First I went to Costco and filled up the drinks, papers, and household needs. Then I sat down and tried to meal plan for the week. This is a first for me. I usually go to the store on Mondays, start in the veggie section and plan our meals from there, right there on the spot. We usually end up having about the same things every other week, I might try something new here or there, but our meals are about the same. I grew up with the same meals on the same days in the same amounts etc...etc... That's the diabetic diet. So now I'm going out on a limb here and changing things up! Here's my meal plan for the week. (only dinners)

Monday - Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Steamed Zucciinii
Butternut Squash Risoto

Tuesday - Asparagus Frittata
Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Wednesday - Flank Steak with mushroom/salsa sause
Green Salad
Brown rice

Thursday - It's our one year LID anniversary and we always eat Chinese on the 29th, so instead of spending 50 bucks I'm making it at home!

Sticky Chinese Chicken
Spicy Green Beans
Shrimp fried rice
Fourtune cookies

Friday - Stuffed Quesadillas
Chips and Salsa
Cold Beer!!

Saturday - Left overs from my Creative Memories party
Large Green Salad

Sunday - Balsamic-Grilled Halibut Steaks
Steamed Artichokes
Baked Sweet Potatoes

I found this great web site
  • Meals Matter
  • that helps with meal planning, shopping lists, tons of recipes that are easy and quick, check it out.

    7 comments:

    Sounds nummy.

    I am getting hungry reading your list!!

    Keep smilin!

    Mmmm. What time is dinner?

    I'm totally impressed!

    (My orginal comment was going to be "What time is dinner?" but Stephaie beat me to it!)

    I love that you always have Chinese on the 29th... that's a very cool tradition!

    & omg... you are making it yourself?! IMPRESSIVE!

    Just checked out the site again.... I WILL be using their meal planner! YUMMY!

    Doesn't it make a huge difference to have a meal plan? I now swear by them!