31 December 2010

Friday, December 31, 2010 - , 13 comments

Not ready for the end of o-ten! {Or so I thought}

January 1, 2010

This year has been like no other year in my life and I just want it to last a little bit longer.  I am seriously not looking forward to the end of 2010.  I know that the joy will follow me into 2011 but 2010 has been more to me than just a twelve month calendar.  It has been twelve incredible months filled with new beginnings, dreams come true, many, many challenges and growth in myself that I never saw coming.  The year has been a blessed gift that I will forever treasure in a very special place in my heart.

January 31, 2010

What 2011 holds is a mystery to me yet a mystery I am anxious to solve.  There will be adventures.  There will be many firsts and many lasts.  We will see things we have seen before and I hope we will see things that we've never looked at before.  I see challenges ahead that I will need strength from the Lord to get through.  These things I know, but for the first time in many years,  I have no drawn out plan for the year, no possibilities or big events planned, just the open road ahead of us.  Usually this would scare me but I am still on such a high from 2010 that what is unknown in 2011 doesn't worry me in the least.
June 2010

While these little things I do may seem silly to some, they are part of my own journey and when I can't put it together like this upcoming year, I feel overwhelmed.  For instance I always start the year with a new motto to really focus on for the next twelve months, so far I can't put a finger on anything for 2011.  Last year my motto was:


"God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can..."


These words I uttered and prayed on constantly in the last 365 days.  They helped me through so much and so little at the same time.  I've been asking myself if maybe I just need to bring these words with me into 2011 and continue to focus on them.  I've thought of many quotes and some scripture, but nothing is sticking, maybe something will come to me in the days ahead.  If nothing does...I'm bringing my 2010 motto with me into 2011!

January 25, 2010 - My fortune from dinner the night before our departure for China

Another part of my renewal for a new year is to sit down and write all the things I want to see happen with the change of the calendar.  I don't call these resolutions but dreams because I am a big dreamer.  And again I haven't done this either.  I haven't written the organization list I want to tackle for the house.  I haven't come up with a list of books I want to read for the year.  I've not looked at the calendar much past January.  Nada.  I blame it all on lack of sleep, being too busy and relishing the last seconds of a year I don't want to end.  I want to savor the feelings inside me and just pause time to watch this period in my children's lives and that is exactly what I've been doing this last week or so.  Just pausing.  But now I know I must hit play and get me motivated into what I'm sure is to be another fabulous year but one I am SO unprepared for!

Two days later.......

I came back to this post to finish it and polish it with some super cute pictures and found myself reading it and I got motivated to get stuff done.  I stopped, got up and got moving and came back to this post yet again, two days later.  My list of dreams is started.  The book list is in it's beginning stage and OH I can't wait!  I even started tackling some house projects without even writing them down!  I'm laughing at myself as I realize I motivated myself without knowing it!  As for my quote for the year...


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 
Philippians 4:13

And with that, I am looking forward to really focusing on what and where some of my adventures from 2010 took me and what I learned from them and how I can turn them into something tangible.  There is so much I want to make happen but am afraid...this year I will focus on Phillippians 4:13 for motivation.

April 2010

As I finish this up I am reminded of the many, many people who are waiting to bring their children home from various parts of the world in 2011.  I know what this New Year will mean to them.  I continue to keep constant prayers for these new families and for those who will have to wait for 2011 to pass until they are forever holding their children.   Hold tight to your dreams and always keep the faith!

For now I say so long 2010, you've been so wonderful to me and you will never be forgotten but I'm looking forward to the great unknown of 2011 now!   

Happy New Year to you and yours!  May the New Year fill you with pure laughter, love and many blessings!  Happy two thousand eleven!

13 comments:

Happy New Year to my dear friend.

Much love,

Lea
xo

Happy New Year my friend..
I hope that this year brings us together..
Love you dearly..

It would be hard to beat this last year for you. Wishing you just more of it in the new year!!

xoxox

Phillipians 4:13 is a great verse to meditate on! It's what I like to call my life verse. :)

Happy New Year Kayce! I am so lucky to call you friend.

It has truly been the best and most amazing year!! Happy New Year Kayce!!

Happy New Year - may 2011 be just as wonderful for your family.

You DID have the most amazing year ever! And I just know that 2011 will also bring wonderful things for your family. I love your Scripture verse for this year. I cannot wait to choose mine. I always do on New Years Day.

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family.

May 2011 fill your heart with as much joy as 2010.

All the best -
C&C

Happy New Year Kayce! I have felt alot of the same feelings you have shared here..2010 was sooo good, I almost hated to see it leave. however, I know 2011 is really just an extension of time, here's to all the possibilities a new brings! Cheers! :)

I KNOW what you mean!!! 2010 is going to be a tough year to beat ~ it was AMAZING!

Happy New Year to ALL of you!!

I can totally relate to this post. We also brought home our baby girl in 2010 and saw god in amazing ways that it is so hard to say good bye to such a special year. Heres to many more great things in 2011

I'm a little late but....

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family. :)