16 April 2007

Monday, April 16, 2007 - 10 comments

Health and Home


We're home!! What an incredible trip it was! Good food, good weather, good friends, good times good times! Do run over to
  • Zoey's Journey
  • to see pics! I've only got pictures of Molly.

    Whenever I return from Big Sur/Pacific Valley I am completely empty of thoughts. My mind is cleared. This trip was the same except that I came home with crystal clear visions of the time ahead of me. I have come to the conclusion that I need to move away from the stress and worry of our adoption. The adoption has become this addiction, this thing that is there and isn't comfortable. I'm in no way saying that I'm done with adoption! I'm saying that I'm addicted to the life it has brought me to. Checking rumors, making guesses, planning, primping, blogs, other peoples lives. I'm sure some of you know the feeling. I'm not sure I can walk away from my addiction, but I can control the feelings! I AM GOING TO CONTROL THE FEELINGS!!!!

    Our time will come. When we are ready. When God thinks we are ready. I will continue to feed my addiction of blogs, but I will take the rumors, the negativity, and the questions with a grain of salt. There is a life to live! I"M GONNA LIVE IT!

    Here's a list of some of the things I'm going to concentrate on during the remainder of our wait, however long that may be:

    Focus on my health
    Gain control of my diabetes - MY MOST IMPORTANT TASK!
    Not cut my hair until China!
    Spend time with family
    Scrapbook
    Go to the beach
    Organize my house
    Enjoy the summer COMPLETELY!
    Learn to be a better mom
    Garden! This is a tough one, I'm not a gardener!
    Lose those last 10 pounds!

    10 comments:

    Kayce! It was so good to spend time with you guys! I love your list... I was just thinking about the very topic you wrote on this morning... trying to figure out how to filter adoption stuff...etc...

    ...we will have to see if we can stand not cutting our hair unitl China! I've already put off a real "cut" for a year now because that was my goal a year ago! Sheesh! It may be down to my ankles by the time we go to China!!

    P.S. Today is better... :)

    Yep, we went away too this past weekend and found some solace and comfort.

    Great list! I need to focus on several of those too!

    Glad y'all had a good time - back to school tomorrow for us...uggh...I like having the boys home to play :)

    Hey Kayce, LOVE the picture of you posing in your awesome socks!!! Too funny!

    H A P P Y B I R T D A Y K A Y C E !!!

    Happy Birthday Kayce! You Rock!! :) Love the sock pic on Stephs blog by the way. :)

    Regarding what you wrote here, I agree with you 100%!! I was just talking to Dan about this very subject. Life is so good and we need to celebrate every day!!

    I am so glad you all had a great time at Big Sur. It was much needed and deserved.

    Yeah baby!

    Control the things we have control over and we will all be happier and calmer. Sounds like a great list!

    Happy Birthday!!!!!

    Keep smilin!

    This is a GREAT list. I might just have to copy it.